Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfather View Post
    that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

just cuz its made in thailand does not mean jack shit.

there are less problems with thailand sourced hondas than australian sourced fords and holdens.
    Too right, its sourced to Thailand but doesn't mean they don't have to pass all of the tests and expectations that they would have in place if they were built in Japan. They are experiencing more faults because its a newly designed car, they tried out many daring designs on this 8th gen most noticably the size of the car, whereas Toyotas just keep their existing base and add shit to it, typical of Toyota when it comes to design. Have you seen their new corolla? its basically their current one mixed in with the yaris in a blender.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    i also think it's wrong to blame thailand in such a general manner; after all, there are other cars that come from thailand that are perfectly fine (other Hondas iirc?)

however with my car personally i have reason to suspect that the people at the assembly plant weren't exactly concentrating 100%... the door trim panels were stuck on with the plastic wrapping still on the clips (and visibly protruding out the side of the door.) also i had packaging string loosely attached to the undersides of both my front seats (the thin pink type) and the rubber grommet/stopper thing for the centre console box lid was missing and the same for the glovebox was loose and almost falling out...

possibly my car went through during their lunch break though
    Last edited by chylld; 21-05-2007 at 01:47 PM.

I guess you were one of the unlucky one's. The only real noticable problem that has been consistent with the 8thgen's is the driver/passenger windows getting stuck. My sis'ters 06 VTi had that issue and no other issues have arose. Other than that its a nice car at a decent price compared to it's competitors.

I mean half the people who bought their 8th gen civics would not have bought them say if they were built in japan BUT...

A) You wouldn't be paying 20,990 retail.
    B) Cruise-control, v-tec, etc would be OPTIONAL not standard (like previous models).

Lets face the fact that Honda didn't entirely keep all the savings they made from sourcing to Thailand, they passed it onto you, the consumer. A typical civic would not come in vtec standard so you save like 3k there (thats based from the 7th gen difference in GLi and Vi models)

People bought this Thailand built car mainly for value for money.

So for all you people out there who are lashing out at Honda for having 'Made In Thailand' cars, stop your bitching. It was your own fault for not making sure it wasn't built in Japan in the first place before buying it.

Don't blame Honda for not building their cars in Japan anymore, it's just not feasible for them and it's just not the smart thing to do anymore. Honda is known for being a very efficient company, so making the move to Thailand was a smart one. I'm sure they are aware of these defective parts that are occurring, they wouldn't just let it slip. Their presence in Thailand is still pretty premature, so they will tighten their regulations in the production line in future and improvements will be made.
    Last edited by clem; 21-05-2007 at 02:23 PM.

I think another contribution for these little faults are that this thing is a top seller!! They are rolling these cars straight off the production line and into your driveway. Im not sure if they expected these things to sell this well.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    i dunno if you guys have studied much history and what not, but Japan used to be another one of those nations that you'd cringe at for build quality.

If it was made in Japan then you would not want to buy it. It took the modernization of Japan to make it worth anything

I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM AS U ...
    Drivers window gets stuck - FIXED by honda
    Honda's fault
    - Rattling noise on the left hand side front. Somewhere in the door or dash. Started out with a little noise and I thought it was just some crap we had in the glove box. Now I hear it everytime I go over a bump.
    Probably loose wiring behind the glovebox, also Honda's fault for not using enough tape

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    for fu** sake..it can be built in any part of of the world...just deliver a bloody decent quality car!

Honda has been around for many years and godsake they even compete in F1..so i guess 8th gen civic owners demand a bloody explanation for all this faults!

its been a year and a half since it rolled out the 8th gen civc..and to find the same niggling issue is seriously a fault in the QA/QC department.

btw guys..i just send in my feedback form which ive not been able to do since i got the car..i managed to include some of the problems that im experiencing currently. i hope someone hears us!!!

i guess mine rolled out during lunch time as well...
    Last edited by ozR18; 22-05-2007 at 01:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    the only issue ive had is the front window issue (fixed under warranty) and a minor creak on the fitting around the tranny. that is more likely due to my audion upgrade. very happy with it so far. sad to hear other ppls stories

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    if you want quality get a lexus
    if you want perceived quality, get a honda

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffske View Post
    if you want quality get a lexus
    if you want perceived quality, get a honda
    You got it wrong.

If you want quality, Pay $60,000 for a $30,000 jap car.
    If you want adequate quality with rattles included, pay $29,990 for a $30,000 Jap car (my made in Japan car also has the same rattles).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    You got it wrong.

If you want quality, Pay $60,000 for a $30,000 jap car.
    If you want adequate quality with rattles included, pay $29,990 for a $30,000 Jap car (my made in Japan car also has the same rattles).
    how is a lexus a $30,000 jap car? where can i get a lexus brand new for $30,000? you cannot
    and anyone who pays $30,000 for a car and expects it to be perfect then they're very much mistaken.
    i just ignore the rattles, yes i know they're really annoying but i cant complain because i knew what i was buying when i put down the money

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffske View Post
    how is a lexus a $30,000 jap car? where can i get a lexus brand new for $30,000? you cannot
    and anyone who pays $30,000 for a car and expects it to be perfect then they're very much mistaken.
    i just ignore the rattles, yes i know they're really annoying but i cant complain because i knew what i was buying when i put down the money
    I meant, if you pay $30,000 for a car that costs $30,000 to mechanically build, there will be quality niggles. If you pay $60,000 for it, the extra money goes into the selection of better materials as well as better care in assembly, resulting in a car similar to Lexus in quality.
    Last edited by aaronng; 22-05-2007 at 06:11 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2