Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I meant, if you pay $30,000 for a car that costs $30,000 to mechanically build, there will be quality niggles. If you pay $60,000 for it, the extra money goes into the selection of better materials as well as better care in assembly, resulting in a car similar to Lexus in quality.
    you need to take into account the superior technology in a lexus, sound deadening, better suspension, advanced safety

all im trying to say is, dont expect lexus quality when paying honda prices

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffske View Post
    you need to take into account the superior technology in a lexus, sound deadening, better suspension, advanced safety

all im trying to say is, dont expect lexus quality when paying honda prices
    It depends on the model, but the Accord Euro's stock suspension is still superior to the IS200 and IS250's suspension. But the Lexus models with air suspension > most stock Honda's. And the extra $30,000 you pay goes to sound deadening, better safety like those radars in the IS250 as well as to pay the staff at the Lexus service centre (they come out to you in at least an IS250) if you need to send your IS250 for servicing.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    I meant, if you pay $30,000 for a car that costs $30,000 to mechanically build, there will be quality niggles.
    you have a point, but still, $30000 is a big investment for a lot of people, and with it comes certain expectations. i've owned 3 new cars before this civic: a $29k corolla, a $28k astra and a $18k getz. none of these cars had more than 2-3 problems in their entire history. then i spend $37k on a honda civic and i get 27 problems (twenty-seven).

my point is that while it is fair to only expect so much given the manufacturer's sale price / build price ratio, there does exist a limit as to how low those expectations have to be.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by chylld View Post
    you have a point, but still, $30000 is a big investment for a lot of people, and with it comes certain expectations. i've owned 3 new cars before this civic: a $29k corolla, a $28k astra and a $18k getz. none of these cars had more than 2-3 problems in their entire history. then i spend $37k on a honda civic and i get 27 problems (twenty-seven).

my point is that while it is fair to only expect so much given the manufacturer's sale price / build price ratio, there does exist a limit as to how low those expectations have to be.
    you just have to take into account that big companies are looking to make the most amount of profit, this means outsourcing their plants in places like thailand and still charging their premium prices
    and do civics cost freakin' $37k !! SIF get one

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

Well, I can tell you that we have a 2001 Astra, and it has been all big problems. We've had fuel dripping into the cylinder when the car was off (and it wouldn't start the next day), the ignition barrel failed and we couldn't turn the key. The tow truck had to DRAG the car sideways from the road side because the transmission was locked in P and the steering was locked too. Plus we have a loud knocking sound going over bumps, which sounds like a dead shock on the rear left (but the shock is still working fine!).

With cars in this price range, there are always nuggets which get out. If you want a car with 100% perfect build quality then you have to spend up. When you get to cars like BMW which cost $60,000 and you pay that $60,000 for them, you get problems again like their famous electrical faults.

I guess buying a new car is always hit and miss unless your buying the new Lexus LS460 which are all individually tested, especially for small clinks and sounds =P. So far, our '07 vti-l been treating me nicely, no problems.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingChicken View Post
    I guess buying a new car is always hit and miss unless your buying the new Lexus LS460 which are all individually tested, especially for small clinks and sounds =P. So far, our '07 vti-l been treating me nicely, no problems.
    agree! For 100 unit, one faulty is common mate.
    mine also have noise between left front door and left wheel area.
    but what can i expect with this under 30k car ?
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    When you get to cars like BMW which cost $60,000 and you pay that $60,000 for them, you get problems again like their famous electrical faults.
    for some reason this sentence made things go 'click' in my head. i remember when i was choosing which car to buy, i compared lists of features whilst considering the price of the car... which made the civic look real good on paper, especially since it had sunroof, leather, mp3, paddle shift etc. (things i was looking for.) essentially, a large part of my selection was based on value, a word which i stupidly only now realise doesn't always go hand in hand with quality.

of course now in retrospect, approaching things so objectively was probably a mistake... rubbed in by the fact that i never use the sunroof nor the paddle shift and don't like how my passengers and myself slide around on the leather.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry

Thumbs down oh no not another complaint...we see a trend emerging

I have a euro lxry o6......what can I say hopeless, riddled with problems rattles, drifting etc...big list to much to mention.

Mazda6 mazda3 not as impressive or value for money abit out dated, but there sales figures say it all, shit all over Hondas sales figure.....Gee wonder why?

It all boils down too sales figures -good cars, good figures....If figures down cut corners they must make money......we suffer

The car industry tight, too much competition.

Good marketing works for a short time....it's about the product at the end of the day.

not impressed either...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5>GD3>CL9
    hrmmm....what was the slogan in the ad again?

was it?...."theres never been a car that feels so complete"

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Honda View Post
    hrmmm....what was the slogan in the ad again?

was it?...."theres never been a car that feels so complete"
    "and here's your boot lining which we forgot to put in."

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    "and here's your boot lining which we forgot to put in."
    The boot lining is a luxury option in south east asia. I guess Honda Australia forgot to negotiate that they wanted the boot lining as well.