94-97 accord coilover

hey guys, i just bought another car, its a 95 honda accord. i really dont want to spend too much money on this car. im looking to get the car lowered now. what do think about this type of cheapo coilover from ebay? any pros and cons? is it better of for me to just by lowered springs?

why dont you get 2nd instead or myb koni yellow sussy,etc??
    how much are you willing to spend?
    I think that its not worth it, coz usually most cheapos need adjustment,etc..
    so in the end you end up spending quite a bit..

you can actually get kmac custom made to your oem shocks or the like.. for 300-400ish and you can also customise the springs rate.. **if you dont want to spend much money**

they arn't coilovers

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Americans seem to call them coilovers. So I think that's where the name came from.

If you don't want to spend much money then don't get those things. They will have a much too high spring rate to use with your stock shocks and the ride will go to shit. Plus the cheapo ones will just sag and get even worse over time.

Normal lowered springs will be a much better idea. Still not perfect with the stock shocks but a lot better than those. Kings or Kmacs, or if you can stretch the budget Eibachs, or Neuspeed or some such.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    Ground Control seems to be quite reputable in their coilover sleeves springs to be used wth after market shocks. so im presuming their springs shudnt b too bad.

if u can find softer spring rates, it might b as good, if not better than the common Kings and kmac.

having said that, it is still a fact that any spring rates higher than stock spring rates is not recommended to be used wth stock shocks. but dont we all know that already.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS300
    They are coilover sleeves guys, and IMO are better then just KMAC springs.

Of all the coilover sleeve types out there in the USA market these are probably the pick of the bunch mate!

May I ask how much you can get them for?

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    If they are Ground Controls he's talking about then yes the springs will be good. You can get custom rates with those but generally they would be higher because of the shorter spring length needed for the greater height adjustment.

So imo steer clear of any of the sleeves unless you're upgrading the shocks. They're not cheap either. I got some over for about $550 a while back.

Skunk2 got similar one from the pic of the first post. Adjustable for upto 3 inch drop. Will set you back around aud$580 delivered.