Thread: humming??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 VTiR Civic

humming??

i have a 98 VTiR Civic, i have pioneer bluetooth deck, alpine type r splits in front, 6 x9's in rear, 2 fusion powerplant subs, power plant amp for subs, encounter for speakers and it hums slightly when off, when on does it louder, and as revs go up as does it, on vtech the speakers hurt ya ears from the hum, wat causes it and wat can fix it

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    i think your rca leads r to close together, thats why most of them are shielded by foil.
    It is something to do with the sound coming from the alternator thats why when your revs go up the sound goes up also and comes though your speakers. Its really anoying and I found it a lil hard to fix.
    Last edited by lil_miss_vtec; 18-05-2007 at 03:44 PM.
    www.myspace.com/miss_vtec
    My Crx is SOLD!!
    ... Time for the next car... cant wait!

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 FD2 Sports
    I have the same problem...and yeah it's really annoying.

If u hear a humming you are getting alternator sound

To fix this problem, you need to run your power leads and RCA cables separate from eachother. If you run them together you will get that "humming" noise which is caused by interference.

Make sure that you have the following done:

Run all of your RCA cables on the opposite side of your powerwire. Most people will run the power lead along the drivers side and the RCA on the passenger side.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    or you can just get a engine noise filter from Autobahn or somthing
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip"

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, DC2 VTi-R, CL09
    In addition to the above.

In older car, cables can be loose, rust or leak (small cut to the cable).

Check the ground wire from the deck, amps and from battery to chassis. Sometime changing it with bigger cable (8gauge) can fix the problem.

I got same problem long time ago, i use aluminium foil to wrap the rca cable, than replace the ground wire. All fixed.