Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Which Eibach to get?

Hey guys, read up all threads in suspension but what i have left to know is:

Which spring should i get in terms of Eibach to achieve a drop where my 16" wheels on 205/45 on my ek1 will sit so taht the tyres are around a finger space or so from the guard?

eibach prokit springs or

eibach sportline springs.

this is also assuming i buy kyb agx shocks.

'any1 on this combo please help or pointers will be great.

thanks
    Team SpeedStar

Pro kit lowers your car approximately 1.5" front 1.3" rear. You can get away without getting a camber/alignment kit. Sportline will be 1.8" lower front and rear. Camber/alignment kit is a must.

Are you getting your KYB AGX and Eibach here in Australia? Let me know how much you're getting them for and maybe I can give you a better quote.

FYI, KYB AGX is not available for your EK1 according to the 2007 KYB Australian Catalogue. But I can still get them if that's the shocks you really prefer. I suggest you research more on your shock options e.g. bilstein, koni

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    kyb agx is going for 500 shipped from US, i cant afford konis.... they're like 1k is blistein good? how much is eibach sportline? on ebay they're going for around 300 shipped to australia. so thats 800 intotal?. i just am not very sure of the final ride height after i install the springs and shocks, even if you tel lme the drop it doesnt help because my current height is not stock anyway. I think the previous owner cut the springs on my ek... dodgy probably the effect im seeing atm, my shocks are like... gone..
    Team SpeedStar

I don't know where you get them from but Eibach sportline for 300 is cheap! I can't compete with that.

Sportline or Pro kit, either way it is tuned specifically for your car. But as said before, if you go for sportline (which I suggest you get if you're after a finger space from the guard) camber/alignment kit is a must.

For shocks, just go for eibach pro dampers as well. They are tuned and precision engineered for pro kit and sportline. I can get them for around 600-700 aud delivered.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Very interesting can you give me a definite quote inclusive of shipping to perth? i'll consider it. and i got to find out how much it would cost to get some1 to sintall it, or should i do it myself . and i'll read up on those dampers as well
    thanks man. appreciate your help. another thing is i dont want to sacrifice a lot of comfort, i drive a fair amount of people around everyday so wont be a great thing if its too hard a ride
    Team SpeedStar

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Any1 on eibach pro-sport dampers?
    Team SpeedStar

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    ill take a set of eibach for 300.. that damn cheap
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    its on ebay.. but im not sure about how much it lowers etc.... =(
    Team SpeedStar

Quote Originally Posted by scyt7e View Post
    Very interesting can you give me a definite quote inclusive of shipping to perth? i'll consider it.
    PM sent.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Any one on eibach pro dampers? and those peeps on prokit if you can provide a pic side on would be definately helpful in my decision
    Team SpeedStar

Quote Originally Posted by scyt7e View Post
    Any one on eibach pro dampers? and those peeps on prokit if you can provide a pic side on would be definately helpful in my decision
    hey bro,

its kinda hard to show the exact measurement :: due to/depending on which sussy you use..coz every sussy has different measurement..
    for instance I used to have koni with eibach pro kit (2 finger fender to tire)and apexi with eibach pro kit..(1 finger fender to tire) and with the stock shock with eibach prokit is around 3-3.5 finger from fender to tire.
    also due to the weigh of the car also effect the height but not that much

for comfort, less hassle, i recommend the eibach pro kit.. simply because of camber and this way you wont waste your inside tire due to camber
    hope that helps dude!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    hey, yeah thanks that really does help. i think im going to get yellows instead of agx. how did you find your eibach/koni setup?. ?
    Team SpeedStar