Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2004

okay to run no boost controller?

is it okay to run no boost controller for a couple of months? as my understanding goes, you'll only need one when you want to raise boost am i right?
    civic 97 ek1 (1.6T)

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    The boost controller is not an issue.

What is though, is everything else up to scratch to run the turbo? Everything installed tunned etc?

You can use the turbos stock Actuator arm to adjust your boost. Its a simple nut arrangement to adjust boost levels. You do not need a controller.

The anoying thing with the stock Arm is that it is a pain in the ass adjusting boost when tunning. ie very hot down there.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2004
    thank you
    civic 97 ek1 (1.6T)

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Sometimes you do need a boost controller to hold the boost steady. Im having abit of problems of my boost dropping at higher rev range but apparently its normal if you're running a bleed type controller or actuator.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2004
    i dont mind boost drops, just spikes i want to stay away from
    civic 97 ek1 (1.6T)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG View Post
    Sometimes you do need a boost controller to hold the boost steady. Im having abit of problems of my boost dropping at higher rev range but apparently its normal if you're running a bleed type controller or actuator.
    what turbo u running?
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2004
    man i gotta learn how to reduce boost on this turbo before i plug it in, i think TD04L come stock just under 14lbs, correct me if im wrong, im hoping their around 7-8psi
    civic 97 ek1 (1.6T)

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    The amount of boost it will run at is dependant on many things such as turbo manifold flow, dump pipe + exhaust but most of all the motor you bolt it on to.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2004
    yeah ill plug it in, plug in boost guage and check from there...
    civic 97 ek1 (1.6T)

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Quote Originally Posted by aimre View Post
    what turbo u running?
    GT28.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    Boost controller is only needed if you want to set a hi and low setting. If you're not fussed, just use the standard wastegate/ actuator that came with your turbo.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG View Post
    GT28.
    Disco Potato?
    Ctrl + W