Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

95 accord antenna problem

hey guys, i got a really annoying prob w my car, the prev owner said that the antenna is bent so it wont fully retract but the motor keeps on trying to retract the freakin antenna for a few seconds which make really annoying grinding noise

do you guys think that i can just change it to something like the s2000 antenna so the antenna doesnt have to go up and down anymore? or is it better to change to a new oem one?

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    new oem one will not be cheap... mine is also a bit bent and clicks when it retracts (but does fully retract), it seems to be a pretty common prob in cd5's. i jus gently bent mine back the other way and coated in in grease and it works alright. dunno how bad urs is tho...

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    I had the same problem on wifes car.Bought an insert labeled for 95-96 Accord from a radio shop they said was a straight fit. It wasnt,but i managed to make it all work as per factory.Cost me $39.95 for the insert(nylon gear cord and new antenna).Takes a few up and downs for the gear cord to wind on fully,but when it does the noise you are referring to ceases.If i had to do it again i probably would try the wreckers first.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    OEM ones are about $120

Member Array
    Car:
    MkV R32
    is a common problem for cd5's...

I just disconnected the aerial...still works alright.

thx for the reply guys, hmm 120 seems a bit exp for just an antenna

zel05, if i disconnected the aerial is the radio still gonna work?

Member Array
    Car:
    MkV R32
    mine did...

But it was disconnected when i bought it...I have no evidence to proove whether there was an internal antenna put in its place.

Disconnect it, its just a plug...and see if it still works...Worse case is the radio doesnt work, but the stupid problem will go away...Just have to listen to cd's :P

you can stil listen to radio but the reception will not be as strong as before

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    hey man, i took my power antenna off coz it broke and replaced with just a manual one (coz that was what came with the car when i bought it). anyway, its just a plug that u have to disconnect so it doesnt send a signal to your H/U to raise/lower antenna. If u want a replacement and dont wanna pay $120, click on the link below. found some in ebay for ya (arent I good?! hehe, jokes). lots there, just take your pick. Bare in mind they're from US of A

http://search.ebay.com.au/accord-ant...sPageNameZWD2S

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    aeropro sell replacement for the cd5. i payed about 50 or 60 dollars for mine- it was ages ago i cant be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
    hey man, i took my power antenna off coz it broke and replaced with just a manual one (coz that was what came with the car when i bought it). anyway, its just a plug that u have to disconnect so it doesnt send a signal to your H/U to raise/lower antenna. If u want a replacement and dont wanna pay $120, click on the link below. found some in ebay for ya (arent I good?! hehe, jokes). lots there, just take your pick. Bare in mind they're from US of A

http://search.ebay.com.au/accord-ant...sPageNameZWD2S
    wow thx alot man thats really helpful!! i disconnected mine, damn i cant listen to radio anymore lol, ill ask the seller how much is the shipping hopefully its not that exp

Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord View Post
    aeropro sell replacement for the cd5. i payed about 50 or 60 dollars for mine- it was ages ago i cant be sure.
    is it just the antenna or the whole system? thats cheap if its the whole system