Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headers????

headers????

anyone know if HKS headers are any good?????or got any tips or suggestions for any other brand for headers..thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    i had them on my previous car.

i didnt like them as much. I was actually quite dissapointed. The car felt laggy below 4500rpm due to the 4-1 design. Top end there wasnt much difference. In the end i ended up switching back to the oem header. if your after some bling just use some autosol and polish up the standard heat shield :P

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    The oem header is pretty good,its gonna take a quality product to either match or out perform them. Like fly said this is a tricky area that will having u going backwards if not done right. My advise is search, its been covered a 100 times. Probably get more info in s2ki.com.

thanks whiteAP1,fly..great advice!!!!its so hard to find good performace parts for an s2000 with out down grading.but will do more research about headers on s2ki,really wanting to purchase headers with proven gains..

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    id recommend keeping your oem header and using that money and buying a single outlet exhaust. I noticed that the car felt like it revved more freely as well as the great weight savings....

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    U'd really would benifit from headers and an exhaust,however the headers u purchase could dictate what exhaust u buy. For example J's racing headers a a little larger than most out there, u'd be best to match them with a high flowing single to get the most out of them. Search is ure friend.

S2Krazy Array
    I can get you a set of Mugens for $1500NZ + postage from N.Z
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    I can get you a set of Mugens for $1500NZ + postage from N.Z
    thanks ludecrs!!!!mite get back to u on that one!!!!!sounds like a good buy!!!!

as you know the standard S2K out of the factory is well tuned.

i would say if you were planning to upgrade exhaust system, remember your standard system already is a twin stainless steel system.

a cat back would be all you need and your best checking outa few brands out there to look for the right power and note you genuinely want.

brands such as

HKS
    Fujitsubo
    Spoon
    Mugen
    Apexi

remember with uprgaind performance mods for and S2K, price can be abit hefty

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 Honda CRX
    Go a Vortex Supercharger kit :-D

Quote Originally Posted by integrity View Post
    as you know the standard S2K out of the factory is well tuned.

i would say if you were planning to upgrade exhaust system, remember your standard system already is a twin stainless steel system.

a cat back would be all you need and your best checking outa few brands out there to look for the right power and note you genuinely want.

brands such as

HKS
    Fujitsubo
    Spoon
    Mugen
    Apexi

remember with uprgaind performance mods for and S2K, price can be abit hefty
    thats true!!!prices to upgrade parts is hefty..ive put a spoon n1 exhaust on it not that long ago,but im still looking to do a few more mods,maybe headers and was looking into an ARC cold intake.im still doing alot of reading and research on these mods..im also looking into TURBO CHARGING the beast if these mods dont go through..