Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9

Exhaust shoot out....

i know what your thinking... another damed exhaust thread

i didnt want to pst tis in noob forum because i wanted to keep it open and collect some info

i have a dc2 94 vtir, has an apexi pod now (which sounds nice) but i have a fujita CAI on the way, they are the only realy mods that would effect exhaust, i plan to get apexi vafc2 + tune when done as well

i have been asking around (+ bugging sum ppl lol soz thanx for the info TODA very helpful!) for a few months now as i have been saving the pennys and would like to invest in a desent exhaust system

i was saving for toda 4-2-1 + toda hi flo cat + mugen twin loop, but its just not financially viable

i turned to x-force (thanx for the info FEL12X) and was looking at full 2.5" system with a twin loop muffler

i want deep but not ricey, and i dont want to attract to much attention to myself, i live in a small town =/

'thats why i was gona go for twin loop, but i dont want to be silent like the wind, i like the stock WRX sound if i could acheive something like that it would be great, like 'hey i sound good and vtec rox' not 'LOOK AT ME RICE RICE RICE' or 'commodore braap braap braap' or 'CANON on small car LOUD DRONE'
    if you say a large oval would be better i might check it out...'

this is where i am at, than i remembered looking into oval mufflers before and some1 suggested tanabe, and now im completely lost and confused, i have a budget of about 1.5k$-2k$max for the whole system, iv done my homework for the headers and there is already a good thread for that

regardless of my requirements what are peoples experiences with setting up dc2 exhaust systems? brand makes models? any suggestions?

moved to the noob forum, since it is a vague discussion that has been covered.

IMO , get any cat back and get a spoon street muffler. Its simply a DC2 R muffler with alittle more flow. Looks nice too

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    i like the stock WRX sound if i could acheive something like that it would be great?
    get the xforce 4-1
    they give that sound

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    but whats the performance like?

i read that 4-2-1 gives u all round good performance but 4-1 is only good high up?

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    toda headers 4-2-1 $1400, 2.5"jdm cat $200-$250, dc2r itr b-pipe and muffler $200-300ish
    for your application it FLOWS,LOOKS STOCK and most of all QUIET of VTEC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i was thinking, would a good headers and a 2.5" catback with resonator be enough 'rumble' or 'deep note' to cap off with a twin loop and get a good balance? or is the muffler a more defining point? im not looking for muffler/drone noise im looking for more deep barrel tone engine noise, i know i shouldnt be worried about noise - only performance, im more trying to get a good balance to a. sound good and b. iv been pulled over for noise now and my car is stock =/

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    a x-force twin loop isnt that quiet imo

my old tanabe muffler use to be heaps quieter and it didnt have any of those funky piping running all over it

both x force headers are alrite
    the 4-1 was most bang for buck

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    any other opinions about 4-2-1 vs 4-1?

street use

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    go and look at the massive header thread in all motor section...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    i was all for a twin loop, until i actually heard one at full throttle... it sounded like a swarm of bee's
    Ctrl + W

[QUOTE=TheSaint;1184209]i

i was saving for toda 4-2-1 + toda hi flo cat + mugen twin loop, but its just not financially viable

i turned to x-force (thanx for the info FEL12X) and was looking at full 2.5" system with a twin loop muffler
    [QUOTE]

Not quite the DC2 but would be pretty similar,
    Previously, I set myself up with a Toda Header, 2.5" Xforce Cat + 2.5" piping with 1 resonator and a 2.5" Xforce Twin Loop and I have to say that I really liked the sound....its a nice raspy sound mind range very much like ..erm...more expensive sports cars...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    nobody ever truly answers the 4-2-1 vs 4-1 question lol too many opinions

as long as 4-1 is better than stock and i dont actually loose anything low down than ill be happy