Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by JHMDA9 View Post
    It's not comparable to a street registered vehicle. And it's turbo. A few posts ago people were comparing a turbo D to a NA B, but now it's a turbo D street car compared to a turbo B drag car. What the F*** is this thread about anyway??? Too many tangents.
    it was beastcivic that asked the question. y don't you guys go bag him.
    Toda Built D-SERIES Fo LiFe!

Civic + Chromies + D-series + Turbo = Subwoofer Sick

My kill list:
    GTR's, STi's,V8 commo's, TT Supra's, R1 Bikes, F1 Cars AND JDM-70Y. I don't need no timeslip YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    yeh guys anything personal just keep it to PM
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

These are the facts using a 2nd Gen CRX as an example.
    The average price for a DOHC D series car in average condition is about 5k.. the average price for a B series car in average condition is about 7-8k. (already 2-3k more). I know this, i've owned multiple CRX's over 6 years. I favoured the D series car for a turbo setup because the motors are cheap to replace (performance parts are hard to find though). So I spent all up about 5 grand in boosting my stock motor CRX with the best parts i could get my hands on (posted earlier in the thread) which worked out to be only to be about 10 grand on the road and tuned.
    I figured spending the same money on an SiR including the purchase price, i could buy a decent exhaust system and intake.. maybe a decent clutch?.. Which would push me slightly over the factory power yes? The most power i've seen from a bolt on's B16 (in a del sol) is approx 105kw atw.
    I can now say that i've increased the power of my DOHC D series CRX (with stock motor) to roughly 30kw more at the motor than a stock B16 CRX. My car has been turbocharged for 2 years and i haven't needed to replace a thing, and the car has never been sidelined due to problems associated with this. I've driven many CRX's in my time, and as a mechanic i've worked on countless ones. And NO B16 CRX WITH BOLT ON MODS ONLY HAS OUT PERFORMED MY CAR.
    I'll be the first to admit that a B series motor is far superior, there's no question about it. But i'd be crazy to ditch my DOHC D series turbo setup for a b series motor. It'd be far cheaper to rebuild my D series motor with stonger parts, which means big power once again.
    NOW, if i had my time again, i'd probably buy a B16 CRX because ultimately i'm chasing big power, but it's been proven by many that big power isn't hard to find if you build a D series properly.. Andy Le in melbourne acheived 247kw at the wheels, ran an 11.6 at calder park and then drove it home. I was there. But then again, James BLKCRX broke the FWD dyno record with something like 450kw at the wheels with a B16 Del Sol, i was there also. In both these cases.. it's much more power than you need on the street, both cars are untouchable. (i think you'll find that BLKCRX has never come close to an 11.6 even with more power than Andy's 2nd Gen D series)
    I think what i'm getting at is.. both B series and D series motors are capable of big power, B series being much more so.
    simple.
    but the discussion is.. "is a DTurbo on the same level of performance as a BStock?" The answer is no. Is a DTurbo on the same level of performance as a Bturbo? no.. the BTurbo handles more boost (stronger rods) and is much more capable of handling the power. I think you'd find that on the same boost they'd be very similar.

Sorry for the long post guys. Feel free to rebut
    Keep an open mind, all honda's rock

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    +1 Rep for you bro!

Quote Originally Posted by mr cyanide View Post
    all honda's rock
    Thats what i thought this hole forum was about HONDA not Bseries or D OR K or H There HONDA badges on your cars not B series and D series

Disabled Array
    Car:
    WRX , 06' BMW
    awwww dont cry....

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Exactly man its called OZ-HONDA... Not JDM-Honda.com or DOHCVTEC.Com or d-series.org or turbod16.com

ALL HONDA FTW!!!

haha new to this thread and it seems funny to me, dont take this the wrong way, but you all seem like school girls in skirts.. i say.. just come out on thurs or any day you like.. and we all go for a cruz..
    [25HYT] IN PROGRESS

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    that sounds kool, stock d16y4 ftw:P

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    yeah i think more people should turbo their d-series. doin a b-series conversion is such a waste of money when you turbo the d. There's no way an NA car could beat a Turbo'd car.

another solid vote for the d-series turbo!
    Toda Built D-SERIES Fo LiFe!

Civic + Chromies + D-series + Turbo = Subwoofer Sick

My kill list:
    GTR's, STi's,V8 commo's, TT Supra's, R1 Bikes, F1 Cars AND JDM-70Y. I don't need no timeslip YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    ap1.5
    ^^^baaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!! thats a classic!!! one rep point for u too

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugen_B16B View Post
    that sounds kool, stock d16y4 ftw:P
    Err this is about TURBO D16.