Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    meh don't mind the haters guys.

I'm actually genuinely interested to see how a D with a basic turbo setup and associated bits would go. Especially in comparison with sometime like what i've got (standard b16 in a mostly stock chassis) and even a b16 with I/H/E.
    D16y1
    Greddy turbo kit, 2.5" exhaust

From a roll, i beat NSX-GT 2nd-mid 4th gear when the NSX's aero-dynamics took over. Pretty much says it all, hey? All you NA are belong to us...
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

lol.

Still will be interesting to see lol

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    lets not all forget now.
    all depends on the driver as well.
    ahhahaha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '88 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jooboo View Post
    yeah they are, so come and drag. i want to see ur car run and see wat times it gets. jambo this year is going to be good...MHMHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOL
    f'n oath it is! i may be there, for drag, but probably won't have the build done by then, will definetely be there to spectate though. inthered will be up, including hass' K24 del sol, running 12's on a stock engine, i only hope to get close to that.

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    yeah will be lots of fast hondas there, cant wait to see what 90 POV runs

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    What a cool thread to read. haha keeps me entertain.

All i can say is, B-series at the end of the day has more potential and cost in the long run will be less.

Take for example our B20 hybrid set-up. Its currently running 13.4 @103 MPH for an untuned motor. This basic set-up wont set you back a huge amount, as it only cost us roughly 6k to build up the engine. How much money would you have to used for a turbo D-series to get to this 1/4 mile time? Many would find it hard to even reach this time. Wait until we get this motor tuned, then we are talking 12's which will be a completely different story .

Besides 1/4mile, have any turbo d-series seen the circuit/track racing? How reliable are they? Can they sustain an entire day of constant torture?
    Dyno figures dont lie. I spent 3k on my first turbo-d setup, and it munched every single b/h/k that ever got in its way. Im talking street racing in a full interor car. Not a stripped out track car.

Stock d-series will run 100-103mph in full interior, bolt-on. But with 20x the torque of ur weaksauce b-series.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by Aza View Post
    yeah will be lots of fast hondas there, cant wait to see what 90 POV runs
    tru that, some fast hondas. il be there too with my k-series jazz

jamboree should be gud this year

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq View Post
    Dyno figures dont lie. I spent 3k on my first turbo-d setup, and it munched every single b/h/k that ever got in its way. Im talking street racing in a full interor car. Not a stripped out track car.

Stock d-series will run 100-103mph in full interior, bolt-on. But with 20x the torque of ur weaksauce b-series.
    what did you run down the 1/4 with your stock greddy setup?
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    what did you run down the 1/4 with your stock greddy setup?
    I never ran the 1/4. Im a street racer, dont care. Output was 140fwkw with as much torque on 11psi.

Similiar setups run 14.5-13.5 depndiong on many factors including driver, tyres, elevation and temps.
    Did i mention how cheap d-series parts are? Alot of aftermarket. I blew 3 built engines, and didnt pay as much as a b-series swap.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Where is RICER in this thread....he just turboed his single cam D series motor. Plus he has driven a EG with a b16a so it'll be great if he has a review of what he thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Weq View Post

As fun as the old traffic light grand prix is, it's no timeslip... and there are precious few turbo d-series timeslips to be found in Australia. No shortage of weaksauce b-series timeslips though.

Results vs Hot air if you ask me. Pun intended.
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Where is RICER in this thread....he just turboed his single cam D series motor. Plus he has driven a EG with a b16a so it'll be great if he has a review of what he thinks.
    Ive driven almost every combination known in the honda community. Driven in ranges from a week to a day. Ive owned a fair few combinations too.

AUDM B16a
    JDM B16a
    JDM B18C
    H22a EG
    K20 EG
    Turbo JDM B16a
    Turbo Semi-Buiilt B16a (250kw)
    S/C Built b18C
    D16
    Turbo D16
    Turbo Built D16 (220kw)
    S2000
    NSX

In the end, a D16 will give u enough power to blow traction in 1-3rd on the street. If u want to be a hi-way warrior and take on the bikes, b-series will blow 4th and race through 5th.. But they are for real men!!!