Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    hmmm here is the deal

if you maintain and look after a dseries turbo just as well as a dohc vtec.. i mean good fuel, good oil and regular changes, warm up warm down etc etc.. your dseries turbo will last just as long and go just as hard as your dohc vtec...

however!

if you treat your dseries turbo like shit and a dohc vtec like shit, crap fuel and oil, no serviceing, no warm up/down time, thrashing the car out of its limits... the dseries turbo wouldnt last as long as the dohc... ie it would fail quicker

IMO!
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    hehe yeh you could be like the guy on the video that goes down to a turbo d!
    dont think so k-series FTW

if you watch that video of the d turbo vs the k20 hatch, you will notice that the k20 hatch won.. and it also miss shifted near the end of the race.

but in saying that yes the d series can make good amounts of power with a good amount of money.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Guys

If I lived in the US I would have Turboed my D16Y1 long ago but unfortunately we live in Oz

Turboing costs maybe twice as much if not more in Oz

I’d start planning if I new some trustworthy guys in the US lol

Still, if you cost it like this it’s still a good option

B16A swap = $3,000 to $4,000 = 118:KW (158:HP) at the fly witch is roughly 120:HP @ the wheels

D16Y Boosted = $3,000 (Greddy Kit) + $1000 install = round 160:HP @ the wheels

So you end up with 40:HP more for about the same price

LukeZen
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    B16A swap = $3,000 to $4,000 = 118:KW (158:HP) at the fly witch is roughly 120:HP @ the wheels

D16Y Boosted = $3,000 (Greddy Kit) + $1000 install = round 160:HP @ the wheels

So you end up with 40:HP more for about the same price
    LukeZen
    That's true, but it also depends on how far you want to go with each setup. a simple turbo kit added to any engine is going to give you more power, but what is the car going to be used for?

I pretty much guarantee if you chucked some decent head work at the B16, it would kill a Turbo-D, not necessarily in total power output, but in it's power delivery.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    That's true, but it also depends on how far you want to go with each setup. a simple turbo kit added to any engine is going to give you more power, but what is the car going to be used for?

I pretty much guarantee if you chucked some decent head work at the B16, it would kill a Turbo-D, not necessarily in total power output, but in it's power delivery.

its all about budget though isnt it..... thats what the argument is all about a 4k bseries conversion vs a 4k turbo conversion on a d... d is gonna out perform....

ok now lets say do you pnp on your bseries atleast 1k... so your bseries is gonna cost you 5k... so now you compare it to a 5k turbo converion - with that extra 1k you spent on your pnp you could put it towards something extra on your D. Such as forged pistons and rods, ARP head studs, Valve Train etc etc and then it as well is gonna make more power and still be in the clear... IMO

Fishman - yeh no comment, feel sorry for you, what you post just prooves your Intelligence

got nothin else to say... look at the links.. evidence is right there stareing everyone in the face.. dont believe it sign up there and give you 2c
    Last edited by Sexc86; 03-06-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    d series ftw! mines making 159fwkw on 1bar
    fun but its mainly for straight line performance.

alot of members on here aint into 1/4 mile, they like to have their car track. where response low end power and VTEC is the sh*t!

end of the day, d series motors are the older motors of Honda technology :>

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    wow man thats awsome (Y)

end of day not trying to say other engines dont perform or dont perform as well.. purpose of this thred is to show people what the capabilities are by what people have done elsewhere.....

As there have been alot of threds lately like... "I some better performance what should i go with?"... and the response on ozhonda is alwayes 1 sided as not many people know better... or they make judgements without haveing any experience or doing any research
    Last edited by Sexc86; 03-06-2007 at 10:40 AM.

i've just never seen a quick turbo D.

it also depends on what sorta driving you wanna do. If you wanna drive in the hills then your turbo is probably gonne be useless cause you won't have the time to build boost between corners where as an NA setup is gonna have the same power delivery no matter what the situation is.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    probably because really there arnt that many getting around in oz... but if you wanna see some quick ones just have a look through those links.. thats what they are there for and really there isnt much special about them, also of basic setups and alot of all out setups too

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    i've just never seen a quick turbo D.

it also depends on what sorta driving you wanna do. If you wanna drive in the hills then your turbo is probably gonne be useless cause you won't have the time to build boost between corners where as an NA setup is gonna have the same power delivery no matter what the situation is.
    all i can say is not that im able to boost mine.... i have driven a fast d series. **** im in love. dyno and 1/4 times coming soon. and remember mine is still stock internals, go on turbod16 and theres shit loads of fast d's.

yes b series and k series would be faster turboed. but value for money is defantly there. mmm im in love

yeah but thats all in the US.

I wanna see something impressive in oz....so far i'm yet to see anything... :P

Also, you'd need to compare a turbo D to a B series with an Intake Headers and Exhaust because the Turbo version won't be runnin a restrictive intake or exhaust like the stock setup.

Of course an engine with a 2.5 inch exhaust is gonna perform better then one that has a stock exhaust.
    Last edited by JasonGilholme; 03-06-2007 at 12:40 PM.