Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    Yep all in the US. Yet to see anything impressive here on a low budget. No doubt on a decent budget it's gonna be fast.

Can't wait to see aza's car run down the strip and come back with a crappy timeslip. Just so i can laugh and rub it in more. Make sure you post when you're goin so some members here can come along and make sure you don't make shit up, lol.
    Toda Built D-SERIES Fo LiFe!

Civic + Chromies + D-series + Turbo = Subwoofer Sick

My kill list:
    GTR's, STi's,V8 commo's, TT Supra's, R1 Bikes, F1 Cars AND JDM-70Y. I don't need no timeslip YO!

Fishman, you're a worry man lol. You say some smart shit and you say some stupid shit lol.

aza: are you goin down the spit today??

I might be goin down. If ya see me park up man i'd love to see ya car cause the pics haven't been the best quality.

Just finishing up my wire tuck on the drivers side if ya wanna have a look.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    whats the difference between the us and oz.... engines are the same parts are the same... if someone builds an identicle engine in oz to someone in the us it potentially can make the same power...

This thred isnt about who has what or A vs B its about showing the potential of what the path has to offer... maybe you should READ it a bit more carefully

Of course budget will be higher, but we live in australia its gonna be higher for any path you choose to go down.

Azza's car will do good times, however im sure you ALL know its all in the techniquue and the driver to get the best out of your car... you cant just go there on your first run and get your best time... practise makes perfect...

his car is capable of a high 13 or low 14, weather he does it on his first few runs is irrevelent.... i got no probs going out there and shooting some vids of him doing some runs... (the proper way in as is complete street condition with street tyres... not with everything stripped out)

If a car in the USA with the same setup as azz's can run a 13 why cant it be done here? whats the difference? and they do it on LOWER octain fuel! all their pump fuel is like a max of 94 octain (correct if wrong)
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

i'm not saying its not possible.

i'm just saying that the cars in the US shit all over everything we've got in aus. except for a small handfull of rides (3 - 4 cars). You can hijack anyones shopping list and build a car but if the quality is shit then theres no way you can compare the two and say that car A is as good as car B cause its got the same shit. I'd rather see a mild car that is A+++ quality then a car that is wild but is a F- in the workmanship deparment.

If you wanna talk about the potential of the path then you need to compare it to other paths in order to prove its worthyness. Theres no getting around that.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    it also depends on what sorta driving you wanna do. If you wanna drive in the hills then your turbo is probably gonne be useless cause you won't have the time to build boost between corners where as an NA setup is gonna have the same power delivery no matter what the situation is.
    i disagree a turbo d can be built pretty much to any application, if you are more into your mountain runs or circuit raceing then you just need to design your engine and turbosetup accordingly... ie build your setup with a small ball bearing turbo, use smaller intake plumbing, smaller cooler etc etc... things like this to give you near instant boost response... also if you wanted to go further with the build things like high compression forged pistons to give you more power off boost...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    i'm just saying that the cars in the US shit all over everything we've got in aus. except for a small handfull of rides (3 - 4 cars). You can hijack anyones shopping list and build a car but if the quality is shit then theres no way you can compare the two and say that car A is as good as car B cause its got the same shit. I'd rather see a mild car that is A+++ quality then a car that is wild but is a F- in the workmanship deparment.

If you wanna talk about the potential of the path then you need to compare it to other paths in order to prove its worthyness. Theres no getting around that.
    Yeh i realise that but end of the day, they still use the same engines, the same parts and same tuneing hardwear/softwear that we have access too as well. Yes the Usa market is way larger but doesnt mean ours have anyless potential.

I disagree ...they way i see it if there is a bone stock ek civic with a d16 in australia and another bone stock Ek civic with a D16 in the usa, you buy the exact same greddy / AVO / Fullrace for both... imo they have the exact same potential.

When you talk about quality i think you mean more about machineing to some extent as yes deffinately would be more experience by people in the usa.

As for compareing it to other paths you cant compare A (engine conversion with blah blah blah mods) vs B (turbo conversion with blah blah blah) you can only do it by budget....

eg

Path A Engine Conversion A - Engine conversion will cost me $4000 and will give me Xwhp
    Path B Turbo Setup A - If i use $4000 towards a turbo conversion setup Xwhp

If the turbo conversion weighs up better for $/HP then some might say... ohhh but turbo setup A wont be as good as engine conversion B which costs $6000.00 So then you have to go back and go

Path A Engine Conversion B - - Engine conversion will cost me $6000 and will give me Xwhp
    Path B Turbo Setup B - If i use $6000 towards a turbo conversion Xwhp

so on and so forth
    Last edited by Sexc86; 03-06-2007 at 01:50 PM.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    In the end it all comes down to the fact that I’m VERY VERY jealous of the Yanks and there cheap-ass parts

PS

I had 4K saved for my turbo setup but I when to South Africa to see the big animals instead
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

fish man i thought the hole idea of this forum was to be HONDA enthusiast's not to bad mouth them just thought id make a point lol whats a 1-2 second differance any way ... 6,000 buks for 1 -2 extra seconds for a street car .... i think i can learn to live with a D turbo over a stock B16 any day and thats only because we own D16s... i dont think any one here is argueing the fact that if you own a B you would change it to a D .... if you dont like Ds stuff dont read it maybe?...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by hondavti25 View Post
    fish man i thought the hole idea of this forum was to be HONDA enthusiast's not to bad mouth them just thought id make a point lol whats a 1-2 second differance any way ... 6,000 buks for 1 -2 extra seconds for a street car .... i think i can learn to live with a D turbo over a stock B16 any day and thats only because we own D16s... i dont think any one here is argueing the fact that if you own a B you would change it to a D .... if you dont like Ds stuff dont read it maybe?...
    Guys

Please stop picking on people with disability's

PS
    fish man Dyno Davids D16Y8 N/A will destroy your B16

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    fishman wheres ur time slips?

who are u anyway? **** dude get a life.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Guys

Please stop picking on people with disability's

PS
    fish man Dyno Davids D16Y8 N/A will destroy your B16
    yeah guys with d-series, should really stop picking on them, lmao

And who is Dyno David? Stooge.

Sexc86, you're a complete idiot, the whole point that JasonGilmore is trying to make is just cause US have done some things doesn't mean it's gonna happen here. We've seen it a thousand times. I know a hand full of Turbo D-series, and sad reality is they all run 14's like yourself.

Aza, i know a few people that have seen your car. They just say it's a joke, and you're a clown that knows close to nothing about it. And y do i need a timeslip? I ain't sitting around talking my car up, i know the difference between reading what's online and what's real. My stockish teg does high 14's nothing to be proud of.

My kill list:
    GTR's, STi's,V8 commo's, TT Supra's, R1 Bikes, F1 Cars AND JDM-70Y. I don't need no timeslip YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by hondavti25 View Post
    lol whats a 1-2 second differance any..
    now you're a complete idiot, if that's what you think. y bother modiflying cars, just shows how much of a dumb ass you are.

1 - 2 seconds is the difference between a fast car and a car like aza'a and sexc86

My kill list:

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by fishman View Post

And who is Dyno David? Stooge.

If you don't know then you DONT KNOW!

Nuff said

LukeZen