hey just like to say i got my timing changed another 3.5 degrees from stock on my d16y.... i can tell u if u want to tweek alittle more response and accelerration from your motor i suggest to get this done..... the only down side is u have to run perium petrol otherwise the motor pings......but i always put 98 octane in it anyway so it doesnt matter.....and i also got a dyno done......
    5500rpm in 3rd goin 120km/h i made around high 80 kwatt at the front wheels so im told or sumthing like that...... i have a custom zorst and intake with k&n filter plus the timing wound up on that run..... i was told it was pretty good considering its a 1.6....sohc

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    80 is too high for a d series SOHC non vtec Don't get too excited because it gave you 80kw on that particular dyno

But timing advance (done properly) with good fuel is a great way to get more 'power'. I found I also got a few more kms on a full tank.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    it was done in 3rd gear win. 80 sounds abou rite... 4 gear, low 70's.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Ooops I missed the 3rd gear part sorry.........but why 3rd gear? 4th is the closes to 1:1
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Is it true that with OBDII, once you advance the timing, the ECU retards it to what it was before? Anyone confirm?

Member Array
    Car:
    cj lancer 4B11 powa. nawt
    yeah a honda shop told me the same thing....
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.....