Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG hybrid
    dsp26,

I found a supposedly European ITR manual. At page 5, it shows with hitachi E12-303 (honda part number 30310-P73-A01). Link below:-

http://www.redliners.ru/temp_foto/oe...ropean_EPC.pdf

Also, the same unit found in my ITR yr 2000 motor.

I am going to call honda on monday to reconfirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    OK... gonna add to this post again...

the Hitachi E12-302 and E12-303 are for NON-VTEC B series engines... looks like this:

The proper Vtec ones for B series are longer vertically and should look like this:

either will fit the B series dizzy as i have tried both now.. but you have to use the mounting plate that came on your dizzy.
    Last edited by koldfire; 27-09-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    the dohc seem to be the same
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    OK just wan't to add to this thread a new discovery and warning

Signs of a dying ICM:
    car starts misfiring randomly on idle and cruise and consistently after 5000rpm. redlining the car, the tacho will look like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYs67zlcKCo

Consequence:
    Because it is electronically misfiring, any charge built up in the coil that doesn't discharge when it's supposed to WILL kill the ignition coil. This to me on 2 coils on the weekend.

Which means if your trying to rotate the rotor to get in a position to be removed by cranking the engine, UNPLUG the 2 plugs to the dizzy so no power/charge goes to the coil.

Nothing worse than killing dizzy parts while trying to service it with new rotor/caps/etc
    this is exactly whats happening to my car atm.

narrowed it down, cos i got newish leads and just changed the plugs, still happening.

random misfires at all rpm's including idle.

Question. whats the difference between a coil and an ICM, or is it one and the same?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Sorry mate cant see hiw old this thread is coz im on the phone.

Coil is the actual unit that builds and discharges the spark to the dizzy. ICM is the ignition control module which is actually the driver of the coil from ecu.

If its happening at all rpm ranges randomly its the ICM at fault. Its after about 10yrs and usually happens when hot or in summer

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

LOL

nevermind, this was 25 years ago.

The problem never was ignition related.

The car is obd0 and the connection on the resistor box for the injectors was loose.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Haha sorry i only just got back on OH a couple of weeks ago.

I missed you gaaaaiiiizzzz!!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.