Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    mmk i'm gonna confirm it now..

just had destrukshn swap over his for mine... and misfire/gay tacho signal issue is gooooone!!! feels sooo much better!!

I'll see if cristian is willing to post a video of the symptom though...

on a side note.. i'll add that the external coil setup MAY have been the cause for the malfunctioning ICM... I remember when I did the external coil setup on my sr20 my ICM died 3months later on cruise and stalled the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    MAY have been the cause, but i some what doubt it, it is quite a common problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    mmk heres the vid taken by member cristian:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYs67zlcKCo
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    **** that's funny
    lol

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Just want to add info to this thread for archiving purposes.

In addition to Post#10, Hitachi part#s are:
    HITACHI E12-302, E12-303

:Flame suit on:

> - External Coil + 1.3mm plug gap

Is it just me or does that gap seem a touch big? 1.0 - 1.1?

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    It works.. i've had it run upto 1.7mm no probs with the bigger coil.

As for actual power gains, yet to be proven.

I did notice my dizzy contacts corroded/rusted VERY quickly

On an interesting note, the stock Honda coil was able to do 1.3mm no probs where-as the cylinder MSD SS blaster couldn't. 1.5mm and it was misfiring on higher gear load.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    OK... gonna add to this post again...

the Hitachi E12-302 and E12-303 are for NON-VTEC B series engines... looks like this:

The proper Vtec ones for B series are longer vertically and should look like this:

either will fit the B series dizzy as i have tried both now.. but you have to use the mounting plate that came on your dizzy.
    Last edited by dsp26; 05-08-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    the one that just shat itself in my car after cranking the car with no leads plugged in was the Hitachi 302 unit... CRXer/Jason.. i hope this info helps you mate.. and others...

ignition issues shit me :/

i now get my replacements from this store as they are significantly cheaper than buying from the stealership... who cares if its aftermarket, it works.. and hopefully a lot longer than the 1yr the OEM Hitachi one lasted me....

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ignition_dk/

i just received my vtec one for AU$68 express delivered (95c exchange rate lol).. and just ordered a non-vtec one for the mrs for AU$65 delivered (89c exchange rate)....
    Last edited by dsp26; 05-08-2008 at 10:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    thats the hitachi one that im running now,ure right, had to swap the mounting base off the old NEC one.

my NEC was the one that shat itself.

either will be fine VTEC or nonVTEC,they both do the same job,its obviously just that mount issue.

my hitachi has been thru one trackday now & also my best quarter times,lol,lets hope it endures the longevity test now.............

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    OK just wan't to add to this thread a new discovery and warning

Signs of a dying ICM:
    car starts misfiring randomly on idle and cruise and consistently after 5000rpm. redlining the car, the tacho will look like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYs67zlcKCo

Consequence:
    Because it is electronically misfiring, any charge built up in the coil that doesn't discharge when it's supposed to WILL kill the ignition coil. This to me on 2 coils on the weekend.

Which means if your trying to rotate the rotor to get in a position to be removed by cranking the engine, UNPLUG the 2 plugs to the dizzy so no power/charge goes to the coil.

Nothing worse than killing dizzy parts while trying to service it with new rotor/caps/etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    shit Ron u had me going, i didn't realise how old this thread was! i was getting excited at the exchange rates! lol

btw.. Great info
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION