Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    Quote Originally Posted by racerwannabe View Post
    Yea I'm using the foam one that came with it..do you notice any difference between the k&n and the foam one?
    the foam one are awesome!
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

I cleaned my foam comptech one with k&n recharge kit today after about 12,000km. The low end pick up seems improved (2nd gear from as little as 2000RPM it picks up quick), then again, it could be placebo effect. It's so hard to tell these days!

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    I cleaned my foam comptech one with k&n recharge kit today after about 12,000km. The low end pick up seems improved (2nd gear from as little as 2000RPM it picks up quick), then again, it could be placebo effect. It's so hard to tell these days!
    I know exactly what you mean, hehe. Noise = power in your head
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    Have been searching but can't find anyone that has the same problem. Just installed my Comptech icebox, but I couldn't get the lid screwed back on to the air box. Seems like the kit should have came with longer screws? It was the same with both the stock and Comptech lid, so the problem is the thickness of the Comptech air filter. I put the dirty stock one back in, and managed to get 3 screws in, although the last wouldn't go in because of the alignment due to it's poor engineering. I can probably dremel some plastic out when it gets light again...

So has anyone else had any problems with the Comptech air filter and getting the lid back on? I'm thinking of just getting a new stock air filter, this should hopefully seal OK?

Any help appreciated...

Ollie

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by opilot87 View Post
    Have been searching but can't find anyone that has the same problem. Just installed my Comptech icebox, but I couldn't get the lid screwed back on to the air box. Seems like the kit should have came with longer screws? It was the same with both the stock and Comptech lid, so the problem is the thickness of the Comptech air filter. I put the dirty stock one back in, and managed to get 3 screws in, although the last wouldn't go in because of the alignment due to it's poor engineering. I can probably dremel some plastic out when it gets light again...

So has anyone else had any problems with the Comptech air filter and getting the lid back on? I'm thinking of just getting a new stock air filter, this should hopefully seal OK?

Any help appreciated...

Ollie
    I CAN HELP WITH THAT! (lol i got the same issue)

You must have the late 2010 early 2011 stock, the mold wasn't right as company was under going bankruptcy (where Comptech became CT-Engineering)

SOLUTION:
    Grab a Stanley Knife
    And Shave the area marked green, shave it down till you could fit it, I fitted the Unifilter (foam) after shaving without major dramas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc010153nq.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	171.8 KB 
ID:	21448
    Last edited by Fredoops; 24-03-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    Thanks for your reply, those areas did looks quite thick. I was thinking of getting the dremel on them but it was getting dark already. I think that will help with the alignment and getting the fourth screw in, but I don't think its going to help with the foam filter in there, as it still won't be deep enough. I did try screw the lid on with the box out the car, but could only get one screw in, even if I made sure the 'tabs' were clicked in so it could seat in properly.

Maybe I can dremel it a bit deeper? Or I was thinking of taking those metal spacer/washers out? Otherwise I was thinking I might be able to find longer screws at bunnings? Might have another look tomorrow.

Ollie

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Thanks for your reply, those areas did looks quite thick. I was thinking of getting the dremel on them but it was getting dark already. I think that will help with the alignment and getting the fourth screw in, but I don't think its going to help with the foam filter in there, as it still won't be deep enough. I did try screw the lid on with the box out the car, but could only get one screw in, even if I made sure the 'tabs' were clicked in so it could seat in properly.

Maybe I can dremel it a bit deeper? Or I was thinking of taking those metal spacer/washers out? Otherwise I was thinking I might be able to find longer screws at bunnings? Might have another look tomorrow.

Ollie
    Oh yeah.....

I took the metal bits (washer/spacer) out too.

Forgot to mention
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    Haha cool thanks, I've read stuff about the K&N filters not sealing so i'm guessing my stock filter at the moment is too. I only took it for a very short drive but the increase in sound when you press on the accelerator was a fair bit more than I was expecting! So guessing the unsealed filter might be making it louder than it should.
    i'll let you know how it goes. Cheers

Ollie

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Haha cool thanks, I've read stuff about the K&N filters not sealing so i'm guessing my stock filter at the moment is too. I only took it for a very short drive but the increase in sound when you press on the accelerator was a fair bit more than I was expecting! So guessing the unsealed filter might be making it louder than it should.
    i'll let you know how it goes. Cheers

Ollie
    Mine was LOUD
    when I first got it as well

OMG was it agressive

then I installed the Header and high flow cat.

it got silent.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    So guessing the unsealed filter might be making it louder than it should.
    yup. People have used weather strips to make a tight seal. There is a thread about that somewhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Mine was LOUD
    when I first got it as well

OMG was it agressive

then I installed the Header and high flow cat.

it got silent.
    what filter u using? im using the one that came with it, couldnt be bothered dealing with weather strips and all.

off topic from the thread, did u install your Comptech 22mm Rear Sway bar?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post
    what filter u using? im using the one that came with it, couldnt be bothered dealing with weather strips and all.

off topic from the thread, did u install your Comptech 22mm Rear Sway bar?
    Yep
    everything on my sig's in
    and Im using the Unifilter that came with the pack