Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Lux 06

wrong front camber angle on lux 06

Recently my euro tend to pull to the right (quite badly) so i decided to take it to beaupaires to get wheel allignment done. At the end the guys told me that the something bent / knocked on the front end that causing wrong camber angle (+) on one side and (-) on the other side which will lead the streering to the right almost all the time. I honestly can't recall any incident that may knocked my front end. Anyone ever had this kind of issue before? I've already booked in a service on the dealer next wed.

Asking for ur opinion...do you think the dealer should take a look at this or is this something that easy enough for shop like pedders to take a look?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    So the car is still damaged - not clear from your post?

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Sometimes repairers 'grasp at straws' and suggest possible component damage when they cant explain why something has happened.Not saying that is the case with yours,your car may have sustained damage before you took delivery,but pretty unlikely.Did they show you the bent component?Are your tyres wearing unevenly?Is your steering wheel 'straight'?How much is the camber out?
    If you have only noticed this 'pulling' recently then mabye you (or another driver) has knocked the wheels or suspension on a gutter or pothole.In any event i would want to see whatever it is they reckon is bent.It does actually take a fair bit of force to knock out settings significantly.
    If its not too obvious mabye Honda will cover it under warranty.I would try that before forking out money at a suspension shop that will certainly find something to charge you for !!
    Last edited by avid; 05-06-2007 at 08:45 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by che_ryan View Post
    Recently my euro tend to pull to the right (quite badly) so i decided to take it to beaupaires to get wheel allignment done. At the end the guys told me that the something bent / knocked on the front end that causing wrong camber angle (+) on one side and (-) on the other side which will lead the streering to the right almost all the time. I honestly can't recall any incident that may knocked my front end. Anyone ever had this kind of issue before? I've already booked in a service on the dealer next wed.
    Sounds more like toe rather than camber. Camber won't cause your steering to point to the right.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    agreed that toe issue would hav more of an effect on pulling ur car left/right. but to have enuf toe in/out for ur car to b pulling to the right 'quite badly', ur tyres would have been making quite a bit of noticable noise already while accelerating, braking and slow turns.

havin said that, assuming proper allignment was done, toe issue shud hav been corrected.

apart from un-even tyre wear and pressure, it could well possibly be some damage components.

keep us posted.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If he didn't hit his wheel against the kerb, then this problem is probably similar to the one discussed in this thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22067

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Lux 06
    Quote Originally Posted by avid View Post
    Sometimes repairers 'grasp at straws' and suggest possible component damage when they cant explain why something has happened.Not saying that is the case with yours,your car may have sustained damage before you took delivery,but pretty unlikely.Did they show you the bent component?Are your tyres wearing unevenly?Is your steering wheel 'straight'?How much is the camber out?
    If you have only noticed this 'pulling' recently then mabye you (or another driver) has knocked the wheels or suspension on a gutter or pothole.In any event i would want to see whatever it is they reckon is bent.It does actually take a fair bit of force to knock out settings significantly.
    If its not too obvious mabye Honda will cover it under warranty.I would try that before forking out money at a suspension shop that will certainly find something to charge you for !!
    Avid, i'm sure the car wasn't taking any damage on the delivery.....the beaupaires guys didn't show me the bent part...this issue has been there for about 2 weeks so i guess it won't have any effect on the tyres yet...aboiut the steering wheel...it wasn't straight before the wheel allignment, and it is now...BUT if you're not holding it it will move slightly to the right and car too..
    I still remember correctly the guys told me that it is something with the camber not Toe..he said the camber looks like this now / / (<- bit extreme but something along the line of that).

In which case of i don't know what causing it...do you think dealer will put it under waranty job?

Arrong - i'm sure it's different from that driftting to the right issue on that thread...i believe this pulling to the right effect is much2 more obvious that what people describe there...

about the tyre noise...hmmm i think it's all sounds like ussual, can't notice any different noise or more noise from my driving today.

btw i'm taking my car to honda service next wednesday...hopefully it'll turn out minor and easy.....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Arrong - i'm sure it's different from that driftting to the right issue on that thread...i believe this pulling to the right effect is much2 more obvious that what people describe there...
    On mine it was pretty obvious after lowering. I could let it change lanes on its own within 4 seconds when driving at 100km/h. Also, my arm got tired holding the car straight and I couldn't do so with only 1 hand even for medium journeys of 20 minutes.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Lux 06
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    On mine it was pretty obvious after lowering. I could let it change lanes on its own within 4 seconds when driving at 100km/h. Also, my arm got tired holding the car straight and I couldn't do so with only 1 hand even for medium journeys of 20 minutes.
    geeez that's worse that what i presume before...I did read that drifting to the right thread month back and i kinda test that to my euro back then it was al right maybe a bit (can't even noticed that) but now it is there for SURE ...i started to realised it when my arm get really tired as well after driving from work (burwood - southbank)...
    In my case i can change line in about +- 8 second ish at 60km/h annoying huh?

Maybe see what the honda dealer will tell me...wheter it is really somthing is bent or is it the famous drifting to the right case...ohh btw i'm still using the stock 2006 lux 17" wheels and tyres now

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    geeez that's worse that what i presume before...I did read that drifting to the right thread month back and i kinda test that to my euro back then it was al right maybe a bit (can't even noticed that) but now it is there for SURE ...i started to realised it when my arm get really tired as well after driving from work (burwood - southbank)...
    In my case i can change line in about +- 8 second ish at 60km/h annoying huh?

Maybe see what the honda dealer will tell me...wheter it is really somthing is bent or is it the famous drifting to the right case...ohh btw i'm still using the stock 2006 lux 17" wheels and tyres now
    It's probably the tyres. But complain to your dealer first and see if they are willing to give you tyres of a different brand. Otherwise, just rotate your current tyres.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Lux 06
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It's probably the tyres. But complain to your dealer first and see if they are willing to give you tyres of a different brand. Otherwise, just rotate your current tyres.
    hmm...just did tyre rotation 2 month back on my 15k service actually..ohh well i'll keep you guys posted here....

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Yes ,mabye like mine, a tyre rotation might help.Although if the camber is set as far 'positive' as i think you're suggesting that could certainly be a problem.
    I see that another member is now complaining of the drift problem since he had his tyres rotated at the 30,000k service.
    Try the dealer,but you will probably get the same response as me "yeah mate thats your wheel alignment,you've probably hit the gutter or something" "sorry, thats not covered by warranty".
    How many K's your car done?