Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Brand New Accord Euro eating oil

Hi all,

My FY06 euro auto has been eating oil like mad!

since the first service after 1000km run in period, it has been using up engine oil at an alarming rate.

The engine oil level would drop from max mark to low mark in less than 3000km over a period of less than 2 months! The oil pressure warning light and sound will come on during cornering. If I don't top up the engine between the 5000km oil change interval my engine would have been dead.

Any one has a similar issue?

I have other hondas and that problem would not exist on a well look aftered car, let alone a brand new one...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    When you start your car first thing in the morning, do you let it idle for 30 seconds before driving off? Also, do you limit your throttle to maximum 1/4 and a max of 3000rpm until the temperature needle reaches almost the middle of the gauge?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    That's a worry!Get in touch with the dealer ASAP.There's definitely something wrong.I've got an 06 with 19k on it and it's never used any oil from day 1.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    New car can still have valve and piston seal problems... Maybe you never let the car warm up/run in properly to seal them in nicely...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    A few...
    How many k's are on it now? It is normal for an engine to use a bit of oil for the first 8 to 10,000kms. If your concerned, check with the dealer.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    BTW, if the oil pressure light comes on when cornering, then your engine is on the way out since it has already run dry without oil in certain parts. Contact your dealer anyway.

Maybe the dealer didnt fix the washer/seal properly after they drain the oil.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The washer doesn't seal the sump. The threads in the plug seal the sump. The washer just serves to prevent cold welding from overtightening.

Just check under the car, any oil stain on the floor??

Black exhaust?? with lot of soots?

White smoke? Not the normal water type of smog...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Are you using Honda oil or your own oil?

If you are using something like 15w60 synthetic, say goodbye to your warranty.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    Check any possibility of oil leaking, and then make a habit to warm up your car every morning... if not resolve, dealer is the way..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Lux 06
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Are you using Honda oil or your own oil?

If you are using something like 15w60 synthetic, say goodbye to your warranty.
    euro dude intresting with the waranty void...can i know why? since i'm planing to use my own oil (not yet - thinking of the next service)