Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    lol MSD ignition on a stock motor... What a waste of money right there!
    Everybody says this but I tell ya from experience that I absolutely love mine:
    More smooth and sensitive accelerator
    Smoother Idle
    Better pick up when you accelerate
    Really the best way to explain it is SMOOTH,It just feels soooo SMOOTH everywhere.
    I don't reckon there is any power gains until you Build the engine more but Definately my car has better 'Pick up'.It just Feels so much better,what can I say

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    Maybe you just needed new plugs and leads? Did you get the MSD at the same time?
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    No I installed the MSD 1 1/2 years after the plugs and leads.I've done a couple of mods to my engine like Custom Intake,2" Exhaust (stock Header) and FPR.Honestly it makes for a real smooth running,accelerating car.
    I've been posting on D-series.org for a bit and Everyone says they are a waste of money but the thing is just about 100% of them have never had one on thier car,so they are just saying what other's are saying....
    A guy on thier '4Doorlife' just installed one in his car and he said it best.
    He said he hooked it up went for a drive and was like ok cool.Then he unhooked it went for a drive and he said 'I couldn't wait to get back home and hook it up again'.Nicely put I thought.
    I wasn't going to put mine in and sell it cause of what everyone said about them but Honestly I Love it and I'm so use to it now I know it wont 'feel' the same without it.Again no real power gains but it feels so good (smooth).

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    No I installed the MSD 1 1/2 years after the plugs and leads.I've done a couple of mods to my engine like Custom Intake,2" Exhaust (stock Header) and FPR.Honestly it makes for a real smooth running,accelerating car.
    I've been posting on D-series.org for a bit and Everyone says they are a waste of money but the thing is just about 100% of them have never had one on thier car,so they are just saying what other's are saying....
    A guy on thier '4Doorlife' just installed one in his car and he said it best.
    He said he hooked it up went for a drive and was like ok cool.Then he unhooked it went for a drive and he said 'I couldn't wait to get back home and hook it up again'.Nicely put I thought.
    I wasn't going to put mine in and sell it cause of what everyone said about them but Honestly I Love it and I'm so use to it now I know it wont 'feel' the same without it.Again no real power gains but it feels so good (smooth).
    can oyu take some pics for your MSD? do you have parts number and how much is it?

PHD

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I bought mine from Ebay,it's the cheapest place.It consists of:
    MSD Ignition Box
    External Coil
    Modified Distributor Cap
    Also I Installed a Capacitor between the box and the battery,the Capacitore is rated at 47,000 micro ferrands.Sorry I havent got the contact where I bought this...It will stop your MSD Box from frying in the case of electrical surges i.e Jump starting the car.
    On Ebay it will say which box suits your application.
    I used the HVC (High Voltage)External Coil but it's over kill...A Blaster 2 Coil is fine.
    MSD dosen't make a Modified distributor cap for the D16y4 so I had to modify mine using a "Power Tower"-It's easy to do,just looks hard...
    This is the Box (red one at back) and The External coil.

The Capacitor:

Member Array
    Car:
    MX-5 SE
    i hope u drive with a filter at the end of that intake piping!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, otherwise goodbye engine!
    'The Dave'

Old - DC2R - 122fwkw - 1:10.6 WP

New - MX5 SE - 165rwkw -

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Ha Ha,Offcoarse...

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    need to clean up those wirring, cops will easy give you yellow for that *just my 2cents
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by 040501912 View Post
    need to clean up those wirring, cops will easy give you yellow for that *just my 2cents
    It is much cleaner.That was just the install but really they can give you a Yellow for wiring.Do you mean the red and white wires?
    I need a half tuck