Thread: changing setup

changing setup

i currently have a monblock amp with a sub running on 4g wires. i am thinking of changing my setup for now. i am thinking of changing the monoblock to atleast a 2channel amp as i want to get focals for the front and just get rid of the sub for now. is it just a simple swap over of amps and then wiring the speakers to the amp? i am looking to get a new sub and amp down the track.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    you need another pair of RCA cable if you still planning to use the sub's RCA later down the road.. other than that, yeh just a simple swap and wire up the speaker cables

dont forget about distribution block for the power cable when you add another amp...

say if i was to leave my monoblock amp and sub for now and just get an amp (audioson Srx2s) to power focal 160v2 for the front. can i just use the existing 4g wiring and put a distribution block before the monoblock amp and use the 4g wiring still? how do i work out what wiring (4g? 8g?) i will need to the new amp? then later on down the track i will change the monoblock amp and sub. with the distribution block, i have seen so many on the net but i dont know which one to get, like how many g inputs etc.
    i was looking at this one....not sure if its suitable though.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Stinger-S2064...QQcmdZViewItem
    would it also be better to also put a fuse each between the distribution blocks and the amps?

Member Array
    Car:
    04 euro
    yes you can.. so basically you will just need to connect the 4 gauge wiring from the battery to the block then add another 2 8 gauge wires from the block to your amps. Also it'll be better to get a distribution block with built in fuses. this one from jaycar is ideal http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...Max=&SUBCATID=

If your getting rid of your monoblock disconnect the sub rca's on the back of your head unit or just swap them over to front stage and you wont have to buy another set of rca's.

i have a pioneer 5850mp headunit and it has 3 preout. if i go with this setup, will i still have control of all my speakers? will i need to change the wiring to my speakers too if its amped? if so, 16g?
    Last edited by gbang007; 10-06-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Yes 16g should be fine... You will only need to change the wiring for the speakers you amp can i suggest a good 4ch amp run your splits of ch 1-2 and then use ur sub on ch3-4 that way you can have both until you buy a new mono then just bridge the 4ch amp to your fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by civic racer View Post
    Yes 16g should be fine... You will only need to change the wiring for the speakers you amp can i suggest a good 4ch amp run your splits of ch 1-2 and then use ur sub on ch3-4 that way you can have both until you buy a new mono then just bridge the 4ch amp to your fronts.
    i probably will just keep my current mono and amp and just get another amp and i will just change mono and amp down the track. that way i still have some sort of mono and amp going.

Quote Originally Posted by gbang007 View Post
    i probably will just keep my current mono and amp and just get another amp and i will just change mono and amp down the track. that way i still have some sort of mono and amp going.
    Do it once and do it right buy a decent 4ch amp that way you can run the focals and a sub until u get a decent mono.

Quote Originally Posted by civic racer View Post
    Do it once and do it right buy a decent 4ch amp that way you can run the focals and a sub until u get a decent mono.
    i already have a mono amp and its alright. more of sql with the sub so why bother changing it? i just wanna get a 2 channel for the speakers.

ok get a desent two ch amp one like audiosystem twister series then