Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323940414243 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I heard sumitomo HRTZ III's been getting good reviews, it said to match Pilot Sport 2 / RE002 performance at half the cost.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I heard sumitomo HRTZ III's been getting good reviews, it said to match Pilot Sport 2 / RE002 performance at half the cost.
    Yeah have heard the same.Haven't been game to try them though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I just ordered Bridgestone S001's for my CU2, I get them fitted next Thursday. I've got the Bridgestone RE050A's on my ISF and they are a nice tyre (especially in the wet), these S001's are meant to be the RE050A update. Should be more than adequate for the shopping trolley, and a big step up from the Toyo transpath MP4's that I got on at the moment.

Good to see we are starting to get decent tyres in the stupid 98 load rating that Honda Australia blessed us with....
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Alright, after reading thru all these pages, I finally went with the RE002's. to replace the Bridgestone Turanza ER370's, that came with my car.Been on for a couple of weeks now and:
    -They're quieter
    -Definitely grip better, thru tight turns at speed.
    -The steering is lighter and feels more responsive, how this is related to the tyres is beyond me.
    -Still have to try them in wet weather.
    Overall happy with them, I'd say I'm a spirited driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Heres my review of the Conti SportsContact 3...
    Had them fitted for $200 each (205/55/16)

Now, they are brilliant in the dry, responsive, grippy and light (much lighter then the Nexen I used to have)
    AND QUIET (like really quiet). They are better than the Dunlop SP sports I had initially, and better than the KU31's I had before that.

... Then it rained....

Well in plain wet tarmac, it's still great.

But when you hit standing water.... goodness it floats and unsettles, much worse than the "crappy" Nexen's I used to have.

Guess I have to slow down in the wet from now on.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 09-03-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    had for over a year now and not really that impressed. Seem to be wearing real quick. Soft edges it seems (?)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Heres my review of the Conti SportsContact 3...
    Had them fitted for $200 each (205/55/16)

Now, they are brilliant in the dry, responsive, grippy and light (much lighter then the Nexen I used to have)
    AND QUIET (like really quiet). They are better than the Dunlop SP sports I had initially, and better than the KU31's I had before that.

... Then it rained....

Well in plain wet tarmac, it's still great.

But when you hit standing water.... goodness it floats and unsettles, much worse than the "crappy" Nexen's I used to have.

Guess I have to slow down in the wet from now on.
    Have em on my Renault Megane Sport and unimpressed also....but @ dry grip....

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr P View Post
    Have em on my Renault Megane Sport and unimpressed also....but @ dry grip....
    Is your rs250 on 19 inch or 18's?

Mines fine in the dry... But fk it's scary over puddles.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Michelin Pilot Super Sports all the way... > RE002 and RE001 and KU31's and what not

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Michelin Pilot Super Sports all the way... > RE002 and RE001 and KU31's and what not
    PS2 is good, but eagle f1 is still better.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    PS2 is good, but eagle f1 is still better.
    PS2 is not pilot super sport...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Thinking about going that way for next tyres on the ISF. Either that or RE11's. The PSS is about 2kg lighter per tyre though, bit of a difference.