Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Anyone tried out the new Yoko V551 yet?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Is your rs250 on 19 inch or 18's?

Mines fine in the dry... But fk it's scary over puddles.
    dont have 250...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I'm happy with my new Bridgestone S001's on the CU2! (Installed on Thursday)

They are a HUGE step up in performance from the Toyo's I had on previously.
    It's great to go from a touring tyre back to a performance tyre. Heaps of grip in the dry and wet, the car is responding far better now! These should serve me well on my DD.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by 89superstage View Post
    Alright, after reading thru all these pages, I finally went with the RE002's. to replace the Bridgestone Turanza ER370's, that came with my car.Been on for a couple of weeks now and:
    -They're quieter
    -Definitely grip better, thru tight turns at speed.
    -The steering is lighter and feels more responsive, how this is related to the tyres is beyond me.
    -Still have to try them in wet weather.
    Overall happy with them, I'd say I'm a spirited driver.
    Tried them in the wet, thanks to the crappy weather around Auckland.
    They definitely grip 'confidently' in the wet, no aquaplaning thru standing water (55Kmph).
    So, overall I'm glad I chose these.:-)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I heard that RE002's went backwards from RE050a's

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Dont believe the RE050a's are in the same league as the RE002's, so you'd be correct.
    The RE050a's are a max performance tyre, while RE002 is more entry level performance,
    correct me if I'm wrong anybody

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    The RE002's replace the RE001, which I think were above the RE050's. Might have been mistaken. Tread on the RE002's look more performance orientated than the RE050's though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by 89superstage View Post
    Dont believe the RE050a's are in the same league as the RE002's, so you'd be correct.
    The RE050a's are a max performance tyre, while RE002 is more entry level performance,
    correct me if I'm wrong anybody
    RE050A's were aimed at the high performance sports cars, sports coupes and sport sedans, (AMG's etc). The RE002's aimed at hot hatches and the likes (WRX's, GTI's, young punks!).

Both are max performance or ultra high performance tyres depending on where you look.

RE050A's now replaced by S001's.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    The RE002's replace the RE001, which I think were above the RE050's. Might have been mistaken. Tread on the RE002's look more performance orientated than the RE050's though.
    Different target, see above.

There is a RE050 and a RE050A so be careful which one you refer to. Tread pattern is no indication of tyre performance either.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Thanks for that Type R....The REoo2 tread does look, well perfomance orientated. Fitted, the tyres look a lot chunkier than when sitting in the tyre store. I like that the tyrewalls 'bulge' a bit, just enough to keep the alloys away from the average kerb on those clumsy days :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    How much was the S001?
    I have to think a lot harder on what rubber to choose now that the 235/45/18 for my lux is bloody expensive..
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by pitiek View Post
    How much was the S001?
    I have to think a lot harder on what rubber to choose now that the 235/45/18 for my lux is bloody expensive..
    Talk to Taleb Tyres. Their a trader here. They have a fair few tyres going cheap, especially if you don't mind going for older models like the RE050 or ContiContact 2. Although, if your looking to save a bit of money, I'ld suggest looking at a low resistance eco tyre, they last longer (my dad's corolla had Michelin Eco on them, has done 60k km, and it only looks worn half way, reckon he'll get 100k km on them). Grip is down compared to your proper performance tyre, but then again, not like you need that much grip doing daily driving. Progressive too, so you can still have fun.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    For you guys with CL9s with 17"rims look here!!Good price for an excellent tyre.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-225-4...-/230768397683