Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Ive found that the Yokohama C.Drives are too grippy, the steering wheel moves with every ridge and bump in the road and there have been times where the car forcefully steers itself towards the pavement lolz

I may try Advan AD07's next time
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Ive found that the Yokohama C.Drives are too grippy, the steering wheel moves with every ridge and bump in the road and there have been times where the car forcefully steers itself towards the pavement lolz

AD07s are more grippy than C.Drives. It's not the tyre's fault. It's your front toe.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    What is the factory toe setting for the euro?

Moderate toeing in or out have both pluses and minus:

Ie. Toe out is better for turning response.. but on the expense of tyre wear and high speed stability.

Any care to elaborate?

I usually go for the as-sporty-as-possible feel without an overly high expense of wear and tear and daily driving comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    AD07s are more grippy than C.Drives. It's not the tyre's fault. It's your front toe.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Interesting, so all I need is a wheel alignment?
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Sport
    I just got Yokohama C-drives 225/45/17 a couple of days ago.... and i must say
    after a few days of driving in the wet (thanks to horid sydney weather we've been getting) grip level is top notch! Car is much smoother, quiet ride and i feel much more comfortable than the stock Re 040..

got quoted:
    Falken 452s from local dealer for $175
    Dunlop Sportmax for $240 from local dealer.
    Yoko C-drives for $275 from local bob jane.. plus free Wheel alignment and balancing..... and take it back there in 3 months for another wheel alignment n balance for FREE!!

glad i paid the extra money for the c-drive... a well long term investment!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Sport

i myself have found the car steers itself with the slightest turn or bump... but i found out that occured from my tyre pressure too high... the bloke who pumped my tyres up to 42psi all round without me knowing... i lowered it down to 36psi front 34psi rear.. and found it fine.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by V205 View Post
    What is the factory toe setting for the euro?

Moderate toeing in or out have both pluses and minus:

Ie. Toe out is better for turning response.. but on the expense of tyre wear and high speed stability.

Any care to elaborate?

I usually go for the as-sporty-as-possible feel without an overly high expense of wear and tear and daily driving comfort.
    Stock is zero toe at the front and 1mm toe in on each rear wheel. If you use a slight toe out, your get increased steering response (more sensitive) but your car will follow camber quite badly. I am using only 0.3mm toe out on each front wheel and the car will tramline and follow camber. Conversely, setting a slight toe in of 0.5mm on each side will improve stability, making your car less likely to tramline.

Zero toe wears the tyres least when driving straight. It is true that toe out can wear your tyres, but even a small 0.3mm toe out is enough to give tramlining without causing accelerated wear when driving straight. Most tyre shops have told me that I wouldn't be able to feel the difference between 0.5mm toe in and 0.3mm toe out. I told them to just set it for me and it is a big difference with regards to the Euro.
    Last edited by aaronng; 22-08-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Interesting, so all I need is a wheel alignment?
    Yup, I've had -0.3mm, 0mm and +0.5mm (each side) on the front same set of tyres and it is a big difference. If you travel a lot on freeways and prefer stability, go for the 0.5mm toe in (total 1.0mm toe in).

Quote Originally Posted by whoops21 View Post
    I just got Yokohama C-drives 225/45/17 a couple of days ago.... and i must say
    after a few days of driving in the wet (thanks to horid sydney weather we've been getting) grip level is top notch! Car is much smoother, quiet ride and i feel much more comfortable than the stock Re 040..

got quoted:
    Falken 452s from local dealer for $175
    Dunlop Sportmax for $240 from local dealer.
    Yoko C-drives for $275 from local bob jane.. plus free Wheel alignment and balancing..... and take it back there in 3 months for another wheel alignment n balance for FREE!!

glad i paid the extra money for the c-drive... a well long term investment!
    I heard the SportsMax are pretty good tyres, but apparently pretty expensive. I got quoted like 340$ per tyre. Can i ask where you got that quote from. I'm in need of new tyres and probably opting for the Michelin Pilot Precedas (PP2) at 245$ per tyre. Any comments on the Michelins?
    Last edited by insanesam; 23-08-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yup, I've had -0.3mm, 0mm and +0.5mm (each side) on the front same set of tyres and it is a big difference. If you travel a lot on freeways and prefer stability, go for the 0.5mm toe in (total 1.0mm toe in).
    sweet thx for the info. My tyre pressure is 37 all around at the moment, probably a little too high
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    sweet thx for the info. My tyre pressure is 37 all around at the moment, probably a little too high
    I use 36psi. You should give 34-35psi a go.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry

I have Michelins PS2

Quote Originally Posted by insanesam View Post
    I heard the SportsMax are pretty good tyres, but apparently pretty expensive. I got quoted like 340$ per tyre. Can i ask where you got that quote from. I'm in need of new tyres and probably opting for the Michelin Pilot Precedas (PP2) at 245$ per tyre. Any comments on the Michelins?
    I have a set of michelins pilot precedas II I paid $275 balanced and fitted, which i thought was cheap, but your price is amazing....at $245 a tyre what are you waiting for .

EXCELLANT tyre !!!!!! Very QUIET and excellant in the WET too. Very little TRAMLINING, made for euro's.