Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Potenza S-03 -> Adrenalin. I knew one person who couldnt highly recommend them enough. they're only ~250 a corner so its not that expensive.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux Sat-Nav 6MT
    Michelin Pilot Preceda are one of the quietest, most comfortable tyres that still offer fantastic balance and grip.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    Potenza S-03 -> Adrenalin. I knew one person who couldnt highly recommend them enough. they're only ~250 a corner so its not that expensive.
    $250 is expensive for 225/45 R17. Just add a little more and he can go for AD07! Plus, the S03 are a bit crappy in terms of treadwear (most of the time, the car won't be pushed hard, so the tyre is wearing without using its grip advantage)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

I thought for 17" tyres $250 was cheap. hoho. thanks aaron, will do more research before i buy.

for a top of the line street performance tyre in 225/47/R17 $250-350 is a reasonable ballpark figure.

Advan sport v103 and AD07 have a very similar tread compound (may even be the same)

Member Array
    Car:
    FK2
    Tempe Tyres in Pricess Highway Tempe gives the best prices .

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    Just wondering what the durability is on the Advan Sport and the C-drives?

And the difference between the S-drive and the C-drive.

My Potenza REO40's are looking like they'll need replacing by 30000km so I'm looking for new tyres but would prefer something that would last me longer than a year :P

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post
    for a top of the line street performance tyre in 225/47/R17 $250-350 is a reasonable ballpark figure.

Advan sport v103 and AD07 have a very similar tread compound (may even be the same)
    Thing is, S03 aren't top of the line. AD07 is much better than S03.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tanalasta View Post
    Just wondering what the durability is on the Advan Sport and the C-drives?

And the difference between the S-drive and the C-drive.

My Potenza REO40's are looking like they'll need replacing by 30000km so I'm looking for new tyres but would prefer something that would last me longer than a year :P
    Not sure on the wear rating of the Advan Sport. But for the C and S drive, they are 300. In comparison, S02 and your RE040 are only rated at 180.

C-drive is made for comfort and safety in the wet. So while it does not have as much dry grip as the S-drive, the C-drive is more predictable in the wet and is also quieter.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    bridgestone re001 is $249 a corner for 17" (http://www.btc.net.au/StockStack2007...ogue_Metro.pdf)
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Not sure on the wear rating of the Advan Sport.
    the sport are rated at 180, by the look of them they'll probably last 25,000km (including one track session and a few runs down the drag strip). Which is as good as the eagle f1's i used to have (yet have heaps more grip).

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    Dunlop Sport Maxx's get em from BOB Jane Bankstown