Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Not sure on the wear rating of the Advan Sport. But for the C and S drive, they are 300. In comparison, S02 and your RE040 are only rated at 180.

C-drive is made for comfort and safety in the wet. So while it does not have as much dry grip as the S-drive, the C-drive is more predictable in the wet and is also quieter.
    Where did you get your tyres from Aaron?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    if you want quiet set of rubbers, consider AVS db from Yokohama. back home, the tyres provided absolutely no noise intrusion at all on the humble Corolla without any sound dampening modifications done to it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    Where did you get your tyres from Aaron?
    Got the first set of C.drive for our other car from Bob Jane at full price. Will be going to the local Tyrepower here for 225/50 R16 for $219 next.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    I can prolly get you cheaper if you are in Melbourne.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Michelin preceda II, dunlop sport 2000a, yokahama advan's excellant tyres.

I'm on michelin's preceda's excellant tyres, little if any tramling, quiet and comfortable ride.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Quote Originally Posted by LXRY View Post
    Michelin preceda II, dunlop sport 2000a, yokahama advan's excellant tyres.

I'm on michelin's preceda's excellant tyres, little if any tramling, quiet and comfortable ride.
    I'm thinking of getting Michelin Preceda II for the front in the next few months. How's the wear rate on your Michelin's going? My wife had Michelin's once and they were fantastic. 50K km/s later and still heaps of tread, even on the front.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Michelin PS2?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry

Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r View Post
    I'm thinking of getting Michelin Preceda II for the front in the next few months. How's the wear rate on your Michelin's going? My wife had Michelin's once and they were fantastic. 50K km/s later and still heaps of tread, even on the front.
    Mine still new but the tread is quite chunky, so im assuming they will go the distance, crossing the fingers at least 50,000klm's ++

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by free2d View Post
    Michelin PS2?
    Don't think you'll be able to get Michelin PS2 at 300 per corner.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    What about tyre weights? Which tyres are lighter than others? The 17" rims are about 10kg in weight (about 1kg more than the 16") so I want to make sure that the tyres I put on aren't too heavy. They look awesome compared to the 16" rims. Can't wait to put them on. They should increase overall grip a lot.

Will it still be ok for me to use the 16" space saver spare? The overall diameter will increase 0.54cm according to my calculations - From 205/55/16R to 225/45/17R.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    What about tyre weights? Which tyres are lighter than others? The 17" rims are about 10kg in weight (about 1kg more than the 16") so I want to make sure that the tyres I put on aren't too heavy. They look awesome compared to the 16" rims. Can't wait to put them on. They should increase overall grip a lot.

Will it still be ok for me to use the 16" space saver spare? The overall diameter will increase 0.54cm according to my calculations - From 205/55/16R to 225/45/17R.
    You need to check with each tyre manufacturer about tyre weight. There is a huge variance across the brands and many do not publish that info anyway.

And yes you can still use the space saver but the car will probably not track straight due to the difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    advan and yokohama are the best for me.. eventhough i'm using stock bridgestone atm... they are pretty much good in the wet and dry roads