Page 1 of 67 12341151 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R

Civic Type R $39,990 + On Roads

After the CTR being shown to Dealers Principals last night in Queensland my dealer contacted me today with the information that the Civic Type R will be sold for $39,990 plus on road costs. Cars are likely to to arrive in Australia around the 13th of June and hopefully be delivered to the dealers by the 28th of June. The full specifications were also released to the Dealer Principals last night however my dealer had not yet received them from his principal. Does anyone else have any information about the specs?

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Thanks for the info.. in reply to the second part of ur post theres been like 100 threads about the new civic type R, u could even go to google for more info.
    We are getting the UK version which like always is poo compared to JDM sorry to be so blatant but it helps to search.

i don't recall any other threads stating that the Civic Type R is $39990 plus on roads... that's new news to me

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A
    which is why i said thanks for the info =)

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    thats good value for money i say

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    i think we should sticky this into the civic type R thread which has about 1000 posts in it already! but glad to hear the price out and sounds pretty reasonable!
    Honda the power of wet dreams

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by misteR_bilzz View Post
    Thanks for the info.. in reply to the second part of ur post theres been like 100 threads about the new civic type R, u could even go to google for more info.
    We are getting the UK version which like always is poo compared to JDM sorry to be so blatant but it helps to search.

Yes I have viewed all threads, searched the UK Honda site etc etc and no offence but I would you would have to call me an idiot if I didn't already know that we were receiving the UK version. What I was referring to was if anyone has managed to view the full specification list that was handed to the Dealer Principals last Thursday, which is the final blueprint of the specifications the AUS version will have, in terms of which options from the GT model it will have ie dual zone climate control, cruise control, etc etc and which options/accessories will be available.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I wouldn't buy one as it is way too heavy for the power it is producing. Anyone who recently bought a Civic Sport in the low $30s is probably kicking themselves.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    I wouldn't buy one as it is way too heavy for the power it is producing. Anyone who recently bought a Civic Sport in the low $30s is probably kicking themselves.
    $7K difference in price

&

family 4 door sedan vs 2 door performance hatch.......... two different sets of priorities i think.

good to see it's under $40K
    Last edited by MKI4EVA; 11-06-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    Great price I reckon. That puts it under the GTI, which you can only get at about $43,490 with no options. Once you option it up, that costs $50,000. The CTR might come with everything you would want in the car. And it's also lighter than the GTI (which is 1340kg), with similar power without using a turbo.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Manual Golf GTi with no options can be had for $38k-$39k

the price is ok...but still expect to be paying close to $45k after all the extras.
    Plus as of July 1 2007, stamp duty on cars in QLD will raise from 2% to...

2 per cent for hybrid cars (unchanged)
    3 per cent for four-cylinder vehicles
    3.5 per cent for six-cylinder vehicles
    4 per-cent for V8s and above
    Last edited by Tofu; 11-06-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    with this money what you will get is a 3 door Gti with no option at all and it is still heavier than the type r. I think its a very good value for money