Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    are you saying you havent seen that proved or havent seen that as a listed spec?
    cos thats what honda are claiming
    http://www.civictyper.com.au/?WT.ac=HP_CTR07
    click on the "in Brief" and it lists that spec.
    Haven't seen it proved.I don't think anyone on the British Civic Type R forums that actually own one, have managed to achieve 6.6sec.
    A more likely figure that I have read about is 7.2secs.
    The 1/4 mile figure seems to be around 15.3secs -I've seen this figure in the EVO mag.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    I wouldn't buy one as it is way too heavy for the power it is producing. Anyone who recently bought a Civic Sport in the low $30s is probably kicking themselves.
    I disagree. As someone else said the the market for the two different cars is fairly different in my mind.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    I disagree. As someone else said the the market for the two different cars is fairly different in my mind.
    I always find the "different market" argument interesting. Why a car appeals to someone is not necessarily rigid and does not always follow the 2 versus 4 door, sporty or not sporty rules. I can easily see someone interested in both the Sport and the Civic Type R and then walking away with the R. Price is going to be the biggest factor in that equation not who the car is marketed to.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    I always find the "different market" argument interesting. Why a car appeals to someone is not necessarily rigid and does not always follow the 2 versus 4 door, sporty or not sporty rules. I can easily see someone interested in both the Sport and the Civic Type R and then walking away with the R. Price is going to be the biggest factor in that equation not who the car is marketed to.
    Not marketing, but physical requirements. I can think of tons of examples where the extra power or lack of doors/seating arrangement will completly rule out one car over another even if they fall under the same name (ie a 'civic').
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    Not marketing, but physical requirements. I can think of tons of examples where the extra power or lack of doors/seating arrangement will completly rule out one car over another even if they fall under the same name (ie a 'civic').
    Yup, in this case, the lack of a full boot and an auto will be the determining factor.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Manual Golf GTi with no options can be had for $38k-$39k

the price is ok...but still expect to be paying close to $45k after all the extras.
    Plus as of July 1 2007, stamp duty on cars in QLD will raise from 2% to...

2 per cent for hybrid cars (unchanged)
    3 per cent for four-cylinder vehicles
    3.5 per cent for six-cylinder vehicles
    4 per-cent for V8s and above
    Last edited by Tofu; 11-06-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    Manual Golf GTi with no options can be had for $38k-$39k
    Not really. Manual GTI is $38,490 RRP, and VW/Audi doesn't negotiate nor give you a discount on the on-roads.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Not really. Manual GTI is $38,490 RRP, and VW/Audi doesn't negotiate nor give you a discount on the on-roads.
    perhaps it only applies to QLD. Cuz it was advertised in our Courier Mail newspaper for that price drive away.
    This was published two weeks after they had the Polo GTi for $26k-$27k drive away...and my friend who just bought a Polo GTi was spewing...

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    with this money what you will get is a 3 door Gti with no option at all and it is still heavier than the type r. I think its a very good value for money

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    does the ctr have a lsd?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Wish for a Teg VTi-R
    I saw one CTR @ St George Hospital!!!!
    Must be one of those doctors in there....

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Autocar in the UK have driven the FD2.I think the car would be probably too hard for even the hardcore enthusiast.It only really seems to be a track car according to the "First drive" impressions of the write up.
    I wonder if the suspension set up is even harder than the DCR2 ?
    A fantastic car but,seems to be quite harsh as an everyday car.
    I wouldn't mine if Honda Australia imported a limited number for the hardcore enthusiasts,but I wouldn't be one of the buyers.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...Type-R/226473/