Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    cools, yeah manufacturer claims are always faster, i guess it helps that they can launch at redline as many times as they like and not worry about paying for broken stuff
    i wish i can do that, but thats are more likely true ..
    but it said its has 3 Syncro gears on this on 1 2 3 look like built for drag!!
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    I disagree. As someone else said the the market for the two different cars is fairly different in my mind.
    I always find the "different market" argument interesting. Why a car appeals to someone is not necessarily rigid and does not always follow the 2 versus 4 door, sporty or not sporty rules. I can easily see someone interested in both the Sport and the Civic Type R and then walking away with the R. Price is going to be the biggest factor in that equation not who the car is marketed to.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    I always find the "different market" argument interesting. Why a car appeals to someone is not necessarily rigid and does not always follow the 2 versus 4 door, sporty or not sporty rules. I can easily see someone interested in both the Sport and the Civic Type R and then walking away with the R. Price is going to be the biggest factor in that equation not who the car is marketed to.
    Not marketing, but physical requirements. I can think of tons of examples where the extra power or lack of doors/seating arrangement will completly rule out one car over another even if they fall under the same name (ie a 'civic').
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    bugger all this talk...........whos putting their money where it matters and ordering one?

I'd be on the list big time if the 4door was here.
    Last edited by MKI4EVA; 11-06-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA View Post
    bugger all this talk...........whos putting their money where it matters and ordering one?

Hopefully putting down a deposit tomorrow if I can agree on a deal with the dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Hopefully putting down a deposit tomorrow if I can agree on a deal with the dealer
    i put mine already 1 month ago, i dont think you can find a deal since the demand is still high, except they might give u free mat + window tinting but thats about it

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    Manual Golf GTi with no options can be had for $38k-$39k
    Not really. Manual GTI is $38,490 RRP, and VW/Audi doesn't negotiate nor give you a discount on the on-roads.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    Not marketing, but physical requirements. I can think of tons of examples where the extra power or lack of doors/seating arrangement will completly rule out one car over another even if they fall under the same name (ie a 'civic').
    Yup, in this case, the lack of a full boot and an auto will be the determining factor.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by 040501912 View Post
    i wish i can do that, but thats are more likely true ..
    but it said its has 3 Syncro gears on this on 1 2 3 look like built for drag!!
    My car has 3 synchros on 1st and 2nd too! It's drag time! Alfas have synchros on their reverse gear. They drag better in reverse then. LOL

Synchros help you shift smoother, but if you shift too fast, they still crunch.

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA View Post

I'm not going to put down any deposit until I see the car in person,sit in it and test the car!
    I'm not going to get too distressed if I'm not one of the first people to own one ,I have nothing to prove. I'm not going to buy into the dealer's fear factor that I'll miss out if I don't act NOW !!!
    If I decide to buy one and I have to wait,so be it!

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Not really. Manual GTI is $38,490 RRP, and VW/Audi doesn't negotiate nor give you a discount on the on-roads.
    perhaps it only applies to QLD. Cuz it was advertised in our Courier Mail newspaper for that price drive away.
    This was published two weeks after they had the Polo GTi for $26k-$27k drive away...and my friend who just bought a Polo GTi was spewing...

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by sitta View Post
    i put mine already 1 month ago, i dont think you can find a deal since the demand is still high, except they might give u free mat + window tinting but thats about it
    What makes you said this car is high in demand? Do you have any proofs to support this comment?
    Last edited by xtercii; 11-06-2007 at 11:38 PM.