Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado

Is my climate control out of whack?

Since my car was new (almost 2yrs ago) I've always thought my climate control was a bit off. It cools all the way up to 28 degrees and then heats from 29 upwards. I hear of people in southern states using the air con normally on 22-24 but if I set mine to that I'd freeze. In summer I usually use 26-27, In winter it's 27-28 to cool and 29-30 to heat.
    Is this normal? It's now due for it's 40K service so might bring it up.
    My dad's Holden Advantura has his set at 19-20 and although a little cold for me 22 is nice in his car.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Hold down Dual and Auto when you start your car. Your driver's side temperature should flash 1 and some number. That number is the cabin temperature. As long as that cabin temperature is below that of climate control setting, you'll get hot air.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Hold down Dual and Auto when you start your car. Your driver's side temperature should flash 1 and some number. That number is the cabin temperature. As long as that cabin temperature is below that of climate control setting, you'll get hot air.
    never knew that, thanks aaronng

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Thanks Aaron but I get cold air most of the time. I'll try it and see what it says. It might shed some light on it.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Dealer service can recalibrate the climate control,best to leave it to them.