Thread: Colour coding

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan,GS300

Colour coding

Hi guys
    I have searched but didnt find what i was looking for.
    I am planning to colour code parts of my car and I am wondering if any places have the exact Honda "Frost White" spray colour (NH 538). Places like supercheap and repco usually have Holden/Ford colours. I don't want to spend $300-$400 at a smash repairer because i dont think it is worth it when i can do it for about $40.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    wot part u looking to get it colour coded???
    from experience man, i used to think the same way y spend all that money when i can just get a can or spray paint made up and do it my self.
    i had to learn the hard way. if ur looking to get bumper or door stripes colour coded better off to get a professional panel shop to do it properly
    凸-_-凸

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    some Auto One chains have a mixing machine that will mix the colour based on colour code, and put it in a spray pack for you. I fixed my ute with it and the colour matched really surprisingly well, i blended it though, and the buffed

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan,GS300
    yea I painted my lip myself and the quality was ok so thats why i wanted to DIY. although i do admit the colour wasn't a perfect match thats why im asking for the closest colour to frost white.

So the only option is to try to get a close match to the honda colour.

I know what you mean and i will probably end up getting it professionally painted.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan,GS300
    hey Zilli
    so those AutoOne stores have the exact colour ie. i tell them the colour code?

thanks

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    yeh man, they came out and grabbed the code from under the bonnet when i went. I dont know if they all have it, but the one in Chatswood does. too easy man, took about 15 minutes to do, and was about 15 bucks a can.

i definitely recommend. BUT, i did a small corner of the rear of the thing, if your doing a large area, then if it doesnt match 100% its going to be much more noticable.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    wdf?!1 $15 thats bs. mine costed me $35 a can, and the guy didnt even look at the code.
    凸-_-凸

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan,GS300
    thanks for the input guys

main thing i don't like about DIY is the crappy clear coat they sell...
    i guess i'll check out that store and buy a can and spray an area....if that isn't up to standard then i guess i'll get it done at a panel shop.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by m3ntAL_l2 View Post
    wdf?!1 $15 thats bs. mine costed me $35 a can, and the guy didnt even look at the code.
    ok, i come on OH to bullshit people... and i get a lot out of saying that can of paint are less than what they are
    Last edited by Zilli; 10-06-2007 at 10:52 AM.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by burma View Post
    thanks for the input guys

main thing i don't like about DIY is the crappy clear coat they sell...
    i guess i'll check out that store and buy a can and spray an area....if that isn't up to standard then i guess i'll get it done at a panel shop.
    Yeh i know what you mean about the clear coat... but this paint didnt need a clearcoat... just straight colour

Member Array
    Car:
    94 VTI CIVIC, 72 RX2 13BT
    How would it look without the clear coat tho? The frost white had a champion white clear coat. is that just a clear with a tint??

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    hmmmm i dont really know....

i just compounded the fresh paint a week afterwards, with different grade compounds followed by polish then wax and it was all good