Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ8

civic coupe boot installation suggestions?

Well I've installed my sound system but I'm not really sure what to do in the boot. At the moment the amp and sub are just sitting in there which obviously isn't ideal

I've thought about sticking the amp up against the backseat but decided against it. Any suggestions with where to put a fairly large amp - it's a 4x100 jaycar response job. I'm up for a bit of fabrication but really, just looking for something simple I guess. Also, the spare tire has to stay but the well does seem pretty big even with it in there... not really sure how to utilise the space though.

And what's a reasonable way to secure down a sub (10" in a fairly small box for what it's worth) so it doesn't roll around and such?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    maybe something like what I did a while ago?

basically, I stretched the box face a bit and mount the amp next to the sub. Also I did a custom boot panels which can be opened and have access to my spare tire. The carpet I used was glued down to the MDF panels, so I used strips of heavy duty velcro to secure it down. You might need to stretch the panel a bit more to fit jaycar 4x100 amp as its quite wide (about 10cm more than the JL my mate used). Behind the extended panel is a capacitor hidden from view (just to give you an idea what to do with the empty space ). Also, by using a wide box instead of a deep box, you will save a bit of space in the boot which I found really useful. As for the well, you can use it to store all junks that normally lying around in the boot. But you will need to make an easy to open lid so you wont have to remove the sub every time you need access to the well

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Coupe EJ8 Civic D16Y8
    hey dudes!
    im in similar situation, i have now got 2x 12" sub in pioneer box sealed.
    i have my rockfordfosgate p4004 screwed to the big back seat and also have masive optima yellow top D34 in the boot too.

and need to put a computer below the sub maybe have no rear tire?

How should i do it fabricate battery holder box and glue it all to the base of my car?

What should i do??

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    any reason for the second battery? why not replace your factory battery with the yellow top instead and then maybe upgrade your alternator... but if you must keep it in the boot and have a computer too, I suggest making a new setup (box) altogether. Depending on you sub requirements, the box can be very big for dual sub setup. But again, if it was my car I'll dump one sub, replace the factory battery with yellow top and upgrade my alternator

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Coupe EJ8 Civic D16Y8
    yea my new d34 wont fit in my engine bay lol, and ilove my subs. maybe ill get a 15" sub later on when i gots more money and fabricate a enclosure for it.
    i jsut wanna see more peoples setups, with
    2x 12", comp, amp, battery. and how it all fits into the car

Why didnt you get the stinger battery they are made the right size for hondas.

Have a look in the appearance gallery few ppl ahve posted there setups in there.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    if you decide to keep the setup, I still suggest making a whole new box design to accommodate the battery and the carputer, it all depends on your imagination and creativity. On top of my head I'm thinking split the subs to 2 separate boxes deep to the left and right of the front half of the boot and setup the computer and battery in the middle with a piece of panel joining the two sub boxes so they appears as one, setup the battery and computer behind this panel with the computer panels facing the cabin for easy access and maybe finish off with plexiglass on the cover panel to show off ur yellow top

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    just to let u know... those pioneer box is made poorly with a poor quality wood (particle board). You'll be amazed what a properly made 18mm or even 16mm mdf box will change the sound of your sub..

Member Array
    Car:
    96 CD5
    i cant wait till we read a story about the day someone got a flat on a highway. but have to sit there for hours because they have no spare tyre. All because they want to keep there subs bro!!

I have mine in a clear perspex box with flashing LED lights around the subs. [Was given to me by my parents when they got back from singapore. so shit quality subs but looks cool ].

I have my amp attatched to the roof of my boot and have it so i can pull my subs out of my boot easily if i need the spare tyre.

All this in mind, i have an accord, sooooooo this could be a complete waste of a post!
    OzAccord <-- Being rebuilt, but come say hi

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Coupe EJ8 Civic D16Y8
    stinger battery ay.. mmmmm
    crap sub box i didnt know that hmmmm.... yea both on the side sounds sweet!!
    This way i can fit spare tire in too hmmm, but man means learing about how to make sub boxes lol, and need to spend money on tools too.

Since i dont have a garage and live in a unit only get week ends to do my car work.....

im prob gonna do that then make 2x sub boxes on the sides and batt and comp and amp in the middle back so i can keep the spare tire.

stinger tho are they as good as Optima like compared like the Ahrs?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    This isn't a coupe but at least it gives u an idea.

My first setup:

My 2nd setup:

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Coupe EJ8 Civic D16Y8
    Sweet dats what i want more ideas!