Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not me but have done it right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    did you do the install?

if so - i hope you got it right!

however - if you didnt do it right, you would have a dead engine by now, so i guess it is correct...

I found out that the temp is like 90c in a weather of 34c at the speed of 90-100kph, and if I drive like 100-120kph it will hit 100c and stay there and if I floor it and drive hard it will go up to 120c, so I think oil cooler is important, if you drive hard, and in hot weather.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    the question you should ask yourself is why it is overheating on street driving std. At best it will mask somthing more synister
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    the question you should ask yourself is why it is overheating on street driving std. At best it will mask somthing more synister
    and nothing to do with how fast you going but how hight rev you reving up the little jazz

It's not overheating. The red temp is 120 and I didn't reach that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post

If you go fast then you rev is up. I have CVT so when I floor it it's 6k all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LSD GD3 View Post
    and nothing to do with how fast you going but how hight rev you reving up the little jazz

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport
    Quote Originally Posted by kimo View Post
    If you go fast then you rev is up. I have CVT so when I floor it it's 6k all the time.
    but faster you go more wind to cool down ...

if you going on Highway doing 110km/h on a flat road unless you wants to go quicker otherwise you not in a very high rev range and the wind is cooling it very quick... so you would not heat up much

Wrong because also my water temp raises if I go fast and high rev and also wind hitting the radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by LSD GD3 View Post
    but faster you go more wind to cool down ...

if you going on Highway doing 110km/h on a flat road unless you wants to go quicker otherwise you not in a very high rev range and the wind is cooling it very quick... so you would not heat up much

do any of the people commenting in this thread even have half an idea or are they just guessing/making it up?

kimi - here are my thoughts:

1. you should be measuring the oil at it's hottest.
    2. the reason we care about oil temperature is that it 'breaks down*' above around 130'C and risk of bearing failure is increased
    3. heat relates to load, not speed.
    4. if you ARE seeing 120'c oil temp with YOUR driving style - you NEED and oil cooler for relaibility.

* depending on oil brand/quality/properties/age
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Yes, Tink is right. The right/proper temp should be taken at its hottest, ie in the sump. I spose I am a bit swayed in thinking because I have a remote filter with the Temp/Pressure in that mount and it is after the cooler as I want to see my pressue going in to the motor.
    Deano.