Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI

dc2r rebuild advise..........?????????

hey guys i was at protek dyno day on sat 2/6/07 and car was blowing a lot of smoke more than i expected and realised it did...........
    dom reackons rings, anyways i'm getting a comp and leak down test done tomorrow night.
    and just unsure of how to go about the reabuild if thats wat it needs............
    originally i was thinking it has 110 ***kms so full rebuild factory specs with the headers, exhaust and intake i have and just jet an apexi power fc for it, then dom suggested the b16a pistons for higher comp and the power fc, the other option is to go all out and use toda stuff from top to bottom...........
    the thing is if i was to mix and match oem honda parts with the b16a motor and my b18c i can get all the parts cheap my mate works at honda (so he hooks me up)..........
    the other option is to do the bottom end the way dom said with b16a pistons and wat eva else she needs and then maybe just go biger cams, (toda)..........
    any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated...........

keep in mind the car is my daily... although i only live 10mins from work, 25kms to get there and back, so fuel ecconomy isnt an issue...........
    Last edited by IEVAQ8; 17-10-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    hey guys i was at protek dyno day on sat 2/6/07 and car was blowing a lot of smoke more than i expected and realised it did...........
    dom reackons rings, anyways i'm getting a comp and leak down test done tomorrow night.
    and just unsure of how to go about the reabuild if thats wat it needs............
    originally i was thinking it has 130 ***kms so full rebuild factory specs with the headers, exhaust and intake i have and just jet an apexi power fc for it, then dom suggested the b16a pistons for higher comp and the power fc, the other option is to go all out and use toda stuff from top to bottom...........
    the thing is if i was to mix and match oem honda parts with the b16a motor and my b18c i can get all the parts cheap my mate works at honda (so he hooks me up)..........
    the other option is to do the bottom end the way dom said with b16a pistons and wat eva else she needs and then maybe just go biger cams, (toda)..........
    any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated...........

keep in mind the car is my daily... although i only live 10mins from work, 25kms to get there and back, so fuel ecconomy isnt an issue...........
    I think ur trying to say b16b pistons from a civic typeR,what ur budget first?

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    K series la~

Didn't see your car on the dyno... Then again I didn't hang around for too long
    I was only there for the morning session
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Account Disabled Array
    Do a b20 bottom end

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    PM dynodave about engine rebuilds, he'll guide you thru want you want.

We have owned and run ITR motors for 2 year now (track and drag racing), best is to keep them stock bottom end. If you want extra power, work on the head thats where you gonna make power. BUT saying that Stock ITR motor with SIMPLE bolt-ons will be enough.*proven*

do a compression test , then a leakdown test to determine the internal condition of your engine. Could just need a service.

take your head off and do a pressure, worn valve seals do course oil to burn and then burns more on vtec...this just save u money just incase its the head that leaking and bottomend is still good..if pressure test comes back ok then u know its your rings
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    don't need to take your head off. go to a place where you can have a leak down test done. it's better than a compression test, it let you know where you're losing compression.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmTYPE R
    worn valve seals do course oil to burn
    I think you mean stem seals?
    So do the valve guides and piston rings...
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    i just had a comp test done last night
    from the cam side to the dissy side
    piston 1 - 230 psi
    piston 2 - 235 psi
    piston 3 - 230 psi
    piston 4 - 230 psi
    have to get tyhe leak down test done .......
    service was done about 100km's ago.........
    not sure which way to go............if the leak down test shows stuffed i will do one of the two rebuilds.
    mild n/a build with about 150fwkw
    or all out and use my mate garrett gt3540 700hp roller bering turbo and just change the rear wheel to a 28 or 30 so the turbo will be a gt3528 or gt3530..............

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    ... 230psi is a pretty good pressure rating...

is this wet or dry....

Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    hey guys i was at protek dyno day on sat 2/6/07 and car was blowing a lot of smoke
    maybe it is fuel smoke?

do you guys even bother to diagnose before recomending engine rebuilds, sheesh!
    B20VTEC - since 2002