Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1

KYB and Tokico shocks

Just wonderig if anyone here have either KYB GR2 or Tokico HP shocks with lowered springs (not more than 2" drop) on their accord CD5. Hows the ride comfort etc. Plz no reply like "you get what you pay for". Thinking of getting one nx month or so after tax return http://search.stores.ebay.com/jdmwer...256112QQsofpZ0

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    my friend has that combo but on an MR2, he likes it. he didnt buy them from ebay though. There's a distributor for tokico in melbourne

KYB is good enough for your CD5. Value for money! Just get quality springs like Eibach or H&R.
    The only way you will notice the difference re:Ride comfort is when you take your car to the track. you will hardly feel any difference no matter what shocks you put (quality ones of course i.e. bilstein,koni,tokico,eibach,KYB) if you just use your car on the street.
    Buying from ebay will be a little cheaper but you won't get any after sales support. Always better to get from a distributor. Quality springs + Quality shocks FTW!

dont have them combo myself but US people seems to like tokito and springs combo...they said it rides similar to Koni and springs...
    so i guess they pretty good

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1
    Quote Originally Posted by sugz View Post
    dont have them combo myself but US people seems to like tokito and springs combo...they said it rides similar to Koni and springs...
    so i guess they pretty good
    where can i read the review from. Also any DIY here about changing suspension? Searched but none came out

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by j.meng87 View Post
    Also any DIY here about changing suspension? Searched but none came out
    This is the best that I could find:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31553

I know someone who works at a suspension shop who owns a cb7 accord and who swears by a Kings springs and KYB shocks combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Dont know how much help this will be, but i have sat in a friends car with kyb and cant remember what springs i think they're king lows but what i do know is that its not bad a ride, in comparison to my koni/eibach cant really notice much of a difference, kyb is cheaper too in comparison to konis and you get more height adjustability 8 way i think compared to konis 2/3. Definately worth it if you're not going to track much then again if you were going to track get coilies and this info is coming from a civic. sorry just read your post, the kyb gr2 is non adjustable..... should just go for the agx. which is height and damper adjustable if i'm not mistaken
    Last edited by scyt7e; 20-06-2007 at 01:03 AM. Reason: misread :P
    Team SpeedStar

just go to any of the US based accord forums such as gen5alive, accordinglydone, honda-tech, superhonda etc...
    The Yanks loved their accord as much as we love our Civic and Teggies

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 VTi
    Well i didnt have the GR2's but i had the exel Gs with lowered springs combo and i loved it!!!! i mean for the money its awesome. ride comfort was very very good indeed, very very close to stock feel. and handles very nice. just get decent rims/ rubber... and probably strut bars etc.

a few maytes have experienced it and dont believe how smooth the ride is....

well thats how i feel about it hehehe
    and i have sat in alot of uncomfortable lowered cars...

but in the end its where you wanna put your money...

if you want some thing to work and is decent then just get shocks/ springs combo...

kyb is still made in japan from what i remember so yeah for KYB

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1
    hey mikeypoopi3, how low is your car lowered and where & what u paid for it. want to change the shocks since i'm sure its near the end of its life and also get a rear sway bars . Also a pic of your car would be nice.
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    hey dude, i just installed some KYB Excel-G's with King low springs about a month ago. i must say that although these are the basic version that KYB offer for their shocks, i definitely felt a difference in comfort and control. although i get the odd tyre scrape in one of the rears but will fix that soon with roll guarding. i havnt taken it to the track but i have put it through its paces in some tight corners. all in all man this combo is boo-yah (for me)

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by j.meng87 View Post
    hey mikeypoopi3, how low is your car lowered and where & what u paid for it. want to change the shocks since i'm sure its near the end of its life and also get a rear sway bars . Also a pic of your car would be nice.
    Thanks

mine was lowered 2inches all round ( that would be pretty low for most cars but the accords are pretty high stock)

to look good.... probably do 2.5 at the front and 2inches at the back.

but for fuss free just do 2inches all round.. never had rubbing on the guards at all.

i did my springs at Big-O-Tyres at morebank cause lucky me i had kyb's already with the car when i bough it.

but i know my mechanic can get KYB shocks in im not sure about the price but im shure he'll do something for you since he can get some springs in as well.

my mechanic is at the corner along railway parade at cabra next to cabra smash repairs.

thats how i "looked" like b4... some @$#% wrote my car off =\