Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    just used E10 from caltex... got 680km of the tank so far.. still 4 little bars... and i was giving it to it
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic VTI-L
    These figures are so confusing, 12l/100km driving conservatively, now 680km from a tank without driving conservatively... it seems the new Civics are much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    These figures are so confusing, 12l/100km driving conservatively, now 680km from a tank without driving conservatively... it seems the new Civics are much worse.
    Chylld sports auto has a lot, i mean A LOT, issues.. so this 12L/100km is possibly to happens with his car. Mine got around this figures when my uncle driving it for a week (and trash it a lot T-T).

Any1 try the new 10% ethanol ULP from Caltex on our new civics yet? Pro cons using this?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    seems the new Civics are much worse.
    the new Civics are much worse than?

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhui01 View Post
    ^hmm.. I use Unleaded 95, after a few tanks of BP, if I don't see improvements, I will go back down to regular ULP.
    My cars economy is pretty shit as I do alot of inner city suburb driving and alot of short distances and a @(I&*$ load of traffic lights, so I guess that isn't helping it.
    dmx, it helps if you do Commerce at uni
    its the short distances that kill it on any car... the car needs time to warm up for the best economy... also the start stop isnt good for it.. taking off takes a lot more fuel than maintaining speed.. thats why highway driving is so good for fuel economy....

ppl get spoiled on driving 1.5, 1.6l engines, naturally they use less. im stoked with mine (well i jumped out of a supercharged v6 lol, 14-16l/100km). my old mans gti is a 2.0l and that does around 10l/100 in city/suburban traffic

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Chylld sports auto has a lot, i mean A LOT, issues.. so this 12L/100km is possibly to happens with his car. Mine got around this figures when my uncle driving it for a week (and trash it a lot T-T).

Any1 try the new 10% ethanol ULP from Caltex on our new civics yet? Pro cons using this?

the new Civics are much worse than?
    can someone elaborate further on the 10% ULP? It seems like the EG civic got a good economy, but thats 1.6 so its a diff story, and with the new civics, it seems like the new civic has a huge range, I've heard of auto 1.8l's doing 550-600 on a tank and some people can get about 350 a tank.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhui01 View Post
    can someone elaborate further on the 10% ULP? It seems like the EG civic got a good economy, but thats 1.6 so its a diff story, and with the new civics, it seems like the new civic has a huge range, I've heard of auto 1.8l's doing 550-600 on a tank and some people can get about 350 a tank.
    The FD civic is also much heavier than the EG civic.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

btw, just curious, to those guys who get 500-550 on a tank, do you guys pull out the nozzle after it stops or do you pump extra litres in? Because I should point out, I pull out once the nozzle stops (round to the nearest 10c so not much diff) and about 50% of the time when I start my car, I am 1 bar short of full (and even if its full, it'll go away in less than 5km)... do you guys experience this or does everyone just pump in an extra 2l or however much?

i agree with u andyhui01... usually i put some extra in, but last time i pull of when it stops (cos its exactly on $30) then it was 1 bar empty... strange strange

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    ok i used E10 from caltex.. tank is now empty.. 760km out the tank... wich is manual vti witch is r18a, anyone gettin less then 450 must be flogging the nuts off the darn thing... or using crap fuel...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    what kind of driving u doing

^how can there be such a big difference? I've tried driving 100% to get the best fuel consumption, very very light on the accelerator, rpm never went about 3k rpm. I've already tried Shell 95 and BP 95, very minimal diff, the BP is just slightly better. If there are more people on his side, I might have to try switching again.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    umm did a trip to byron bay and back... still had more then half a tank... rest was comb of city and highway... hit rev cut quite a few times... 1st 2nd and 3rd