Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    I get 450k at best from a full tank, usually about 400. I spend about $40 a week on fuel. Automatic 1.8

But I love near city, so I always in stop start traffic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhui01 View Post
    ^how can there be such a big difference? I've tried driving 100% to get the best fuel consumption, very very light on the accelerator, rpm never went about 3k rpm. I've already tried Shell 95 and BP 95, very minimal diff, the BP is just slightly better. If there are more people on his side, I might have to try switching again.
    I think because

1.they drive a manual=more fuel efficient
    2.More highway driving
    3.less usage of vtec

thats maybe my explanation for why some people get better fuel economy. But I agree with you, my auto gets pretty bad economy no matter what I do!! I'll be happy with just 10L/100km.

^ I know manual would save abit more fuel, but not that much... and I'm pretty sure I did not VTEC it when I tried to get the most out of my tank, I like right in the CBD, as in postcode 3000 so I go through alot of stop start traffic, I would guess its about 50/50 for highway and city for me.

Even the other Manual 1.8 civic could only do 500-550, not 600+

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    maybe they changed something for the 2007 model lol... cause was quicker on 1/4 then a sports :S... and using less fuel lol
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    8th Gen Civic Vti
    First post here for some time and am now going to be an 8th Gen Civic owner so will be back here more often

Seems some very very different results on fuel usage from everyome here. I am having mixed feelings on buying the new Civic however am hopeful i will be one of the lucky ones that gets great fuel economy Getting out of an Echo that is able to get 550-600klms out of 36 litres i am hoping to get around the 8 litres per 100 from the Civic, fingers crossed....

Will give my findings on fuel economy once i have driven the car for a tank or 2 :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic Vti
    Mine is about 10L/100km, vti auto 1.8. Mostly short trips, around 25km a day. I used normal unleaded bp/shell/mobil. I've just started using Shell V-power, anyone here using v-power? any pro and cons? IMO, the car feel smoother, but looks like drinking the same amount of fuel...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic VTI-L
    Ok i've just run through my first tank, which got around 380 km on 34.5 litres of whatever kind of petrol the dealership put in. That works out to be around 8.5l/100km, can I expect a significant increase on the next few tanks?

It's a VTI-L manual.

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    what kind of trips were u doing? that sounds about right

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic VTI-L
    I drove mostly through suburban streets with little traffic. After about 200km I travelled further out of Melbourne where there were less traffic lights but more turns and varied speeds. Overall, generally outer-suburban driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by chylld View Post
    my auto sport drinks 12L/100km average... i don't thrash it either. just the usual to and from work.
    geez my 5.7lt V8 calais used bout 13-15 just round town!

my mrs just got her civic sport autop yesterday, ill see wat shes gettin on that

her brother gets his Civic type R on thurs, ill look at his, when i was drivin mine i was gettin like 9.5lt/100k round town and 12/100k when i was in 8,000 land!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1
    best way go to the gym and shed a few pounds helps with economy and your mrs might appreciate it too! Win Win situation!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    Ive been getting consistant 9.5l/100km since new and even after filling with 5w30 synthetic oil.
    took a trip to geelong and back and only achieved 9.2, expected better.

Have fitted Denso Iridiums yesterday and will report if theres any improvement. Car feels smoother and quieter somehow with the Densos