Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    okay aaron help me a brother out. i fill up full tank, 100% city driving and i get about 400kms a tank T_T. if im lucky 450 - 480km.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Std '03
    Quote Originally Posted by r-r-redEuro View Post
    okay aaron help me a brother out. i fill up full tank, 100% city driving and i get about 400kms a tank T_T. if im lucky 450 - 480km.
    yeah, me too.........i think its cause most of my trips are between 10-15minutes (100% city driving as well) but i'm also wanting to find a way to get more out of a tank........

Maybe Vtecing through every yellow you see will save you more than stopping and drive like a granny

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Main thing is throttle position. Accelerate gently using light throttle and middle RPM. It's fine to shift at 3000rpm using light throttle. It uses less fuel than using heavy throttle and shifting at 2500rpm. It's also better for your engine as you are not lugging it. For those who do short trips that your engine oil never gets the chance to warm up, your engine will be running rich to speed up the warming up and that consumes more fuel. Nothing much you can do if you drive only short trips. To give you an idea of how I get 10.5L/100km in city driving, even an old auto Camry 2.2L driven by a lady is quicker than I am. Even with that, I still squeeze in 1 full throttle redline go each day.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    M4/M2 does not constitute city driving, even with heavy traffic.
    ok - penrith-M4-seven hills - M2 - chatswood - st leonards - crows nest - lane cove - west ryde - M4 - home. my daily trip.

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

Fuel Cons

I travelled 27K in 12 months. (6 speed MT) I travel to work (37km) each way and it takes me over an hour and I still get 9.5L(RON98)(I hit 7000rpm at least 5 times each way). Quite often I travel to Canberra and usually get 6.1-6.3(Cruise control). I am suprised how much auto euro consumes.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    I just got 8.4l per 100km. I just did a CAI ( fujita) and a topspeed header install.

20% was highway and 80% city driven pretty hard. I cant believe i nearly got 700km before the light came on. Its really incredible this car.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Main thing is throttle position. Accelerate gently using light throttle and middle RPM. It's fine to shift at 3000rpm using light throttle. It uses less fuel than using heavy throttle and shifting at 2500rpm. It's also better for your engine as you are not lugging it. For those who do short trips that your engine oil never gets the chance to warm up, your engine will be running rich to speed up the warming up and that consumes more fuel. Nothing much you can do if you drive only short trips. To give you an idea of how I get 10.5L/100km in city driving, even an old auto Camry 2.2L driven by a lady is quicker than I am. Even with that, I still squeeze in 1 full throttle redline go each day.
    those damm 2.2 camrys !!!

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

Hi guys,

i am new here. looking at possibly getting an accord euro lux 2004 model with approximately 120,xxx kms clocked on the car. anyone who might have a similar car tell me their fuel consumption figures?

The car is 6MT.

P.S does any know the difference between a base model euro and the luxury one?

Cheers,
    Jase
    Last edited by gun57i; 08-04-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: adding additional questions

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    I got 320km from half a tank, which was driving very granny like which was all city driving and 10-15 min trips a lot too. I think I can get that higher too. Auto btw with air con on probably 70% of the time

So yours is around the 120K kms?

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    i noticed that half way to empty the tank seems to empty faster. any body know the reason for this.

my daily drive is home to freeway - 5 minutes and speed limit at 80km/h. then i hit the freeway which is vtec on ramp too 100 2nd gear then 6th all the way to uni. about 10 minutes at 100km/h 2500rpm. get into city and into uni carpark. 2 traffic lights. very short distance.

i get 550 - 600.

cruising at 60 im always in 5th with light throttle. i notice i seem to take off very quick compared to other cars. and pop it into 5th asap.

fun.