Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6

Exclamation Suntzu's Mod Log

Hi all,

Ive been on these forums in various active states for 2 years since I bought my new 2005 Milano Red Standard Euro. All I did initially was add the 18x7 Gold Speedy Lite 7 wheels. ( see avatar left)

After much consideration for many months I decided to re-lease the Euro as my 2 year business lease expired this month. So I'm leasing for another 2 years and will outright own the car
    BOTTOM LINE: Im 100% free to Mod this Red Beast

So instead of screwing around with bits and pieces;today (June 07) I ordered and paid for:

SUSPENSION MODS COMPLETE - AND AWESOME !
    Tein SS Coilovers - Installed
    Cusco Front Strut Bar - Installed
    Whiteline Rear Sway Bar - Installed
    Ingalls Camber Kit - Installed

All this came to $2044 delivered. Not bad I say.

I decided that suspension mods are the way to go to get better on road performance. Im often in situations in Canberra where its my lack of handling thats the issue in normal and spirited driving, not power. It seems that my car has gotten a bit soggy in the handling over the 2 years. I really do notice it. It will be fixed with the above mods I should expect.

COSMETIC/AUDIO:

Euro-R Genuine Front grill with matching red surrounds Installed. Love it
    AUDIO:
    www.xcarlink.com.au installed USB version. Its good. Full wheel control of MP3 songs. see my mini review.
    M3 Rear Spoiler Mod: Cancelled due dodgy fitting/design

Performance mods: UPDATED
    Now the Aussie dollar is 89cents Vs USD !!!

I have ordered today( October 07):
    Fujita CAI for $320 AUD landed Bargain. REPLACED BY COMPTECH ICEBOX WITH K&N FILTER Fujita = Cop magnet
    Topspeed Stainless Steel Header
    $340 landed. Now received and pending install.
    ( i know its not toda etc, but its got to be better than stock based on what I read at the other forums in USA)
    JTUNE MILD FLASH : Fully Installed and Great! Vtec now 5000rpm more power/tqr $899
    COST OF ENGINE MODS: $1559
    Magnaflow 300 Cell CAT Installed $400

I'm aiming for the lowest $dollar per kilowatt ratio on these forums. Ill get some Dynos to see how I do!

So there you go. Im basically doing the lot at once. Im pretty excited about it and I welcome any comments or suggestions that you may have.

I will post pics when the gear arrives:

First Pic:

Tein SS and Whiteline Installed:
    Thats not me thats my bro in law. Its a bit low at the front but handles extremely well and the ride is like stock. settings 12 and 8 on the F/R shocks.

cheers

russ
    Canberra
    Last edited by Suntzu; 28-05-2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: May 08Update : Jtune Magnaflow Cat
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

hondata will cost about as much as the intake and headers combined.

your basically doubling the cost by getting tuning.

IMO get the headers and intake. Don't get ebay headers cause they'll probably do more harm then good. Theres a fair few companies out there that make headers that are under 1000 bucks. 700 - 800 should be doable but you'll need to search.

Good luck

Jase

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Yes I take your point.

Im am think quality headers and CAI may be a better investment than Hondata as they can be removed and sold if needed ( since hondata will cost to be removed and hence has no resale value)

Im not looking for a lot of extra power, a little mid range torque and a nice engine note under acceleration would be nice! I actually just want 30NM through the rev range if possible.

Ill post some updates and pics as the goods arrive. I know im going to have some fun fitting some of the parts! Im a bit of a noob mechanic

Generally though I think ive got the right mods so far in terms of the suspension. This forum and the members here have been invaluable in helping me make the right decision the first time.

cheers
    Last edited by Suntzu; 20-06-2007 at 09:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Yes I take your point.

Im am think quality headers and CAI may be a better investment than Hondata as they can be removed and sold if needed ( since hondata will cost to be removed and hence has no resale value)

Im not looking for a lot of extra power, a little mid range torque and a nice engine note under acceleration would be nice! I actually just want 30NM through the rev range if possible.

Ill post some updates and pics as the goods arrive. I know im going to have some fun fitting some of the parts! Im a bit of a noob mechanic

Generally though I think ive got the right mods so far in terms of the suspension. This forum and the members here have been invaluable in helping me make the right decision the first time.

cheers
    That's a good suspension setup.You wont know your car after you get all that stuff fitted,it'll transform it!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Good call on the mods, you will be the envy of all in this forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    sooo much mods in one go... jealous
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    hondata will cost about as much as the intake and headers combined.

your basically doubling the cost by getting tuning.

IMO get the headers and intake. Don't get ebay headers cause they'll probably do more harm then good. Theres a fair few companies out there that make headers that are under 1000 bucks. 700 - 800 should be doable but you'll need to search.

Good luck

Jase
    Good advice. IMO leave the Hondata alone and just get a decent set of headers.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    It has begun:

In case you guys thought I was full of s**t I present the whitleine RSB:

Im expecting the Tein SS, Cusco and Ingalls in about 5-6working days. Euro-r grill in aweek or so.

Have to try and install the RSB myself with a buddy. Should be ok.

Im getting quoted $414 for the Tein installation and alignment? Is that about right pricewise?

Back to headers, the problem for me is that $1200+ headers arent allowed in my mod budget. Its purely an arbitary amount im limiting myself to. Then you go straight down to the elcheapo ebay headers.. not much in the $500-$800 header range at the moment.

more to come

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Back to headers, the problem for me is that $1200+ headers arent allowed in my mod budget. Its purely an arbitary amount im limiting myself to. Then you go straight down to the elcheapo ebay headers.. not much in the $500-$800 header range at the moment.
    My personal feeling if your options are ebay headers or nothing (as the rest are to expensive), stick with the stock factory piping.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    It has begun:

more to come
    just wait a while, and see what comptech header provides? since that's the price range your after.
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Suntzu welcome to the dark side. Remember, modding is crack.

Those mods will transform your car for sure. I'm sure you'll love it .

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    It has begun:

In case you guys thought I was full of s**t I present the whitleine RSB:

Im expecting the Tein SS, Cusco and Ingalls in about 5-6working days. Euro-r grill in aweek or so.

Have to try and install the RSB myself with a buddy. Should be ok.

Im getting quoted $414 for the Tein installation and alignment? Is that about right pricewise?

more to come
    Rear RSB is easy to install(i've done it).$414 seems a bit much.I think approx.$280-300 would be about right.