Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen88 View Post
    Why dont you consider Xforce headers I think its about $399 in S/S
    link: http://www.xforce.com.au/cars/view_car/31
    I wonder how this header performs compared to others like DC Sports, Comptech, Toda etc...

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6

TEIN SS Installed with Whiteline Rear Sway Bar

What can I say but :

Mini Review: Tein Installed and RSB in. No camber or strut bar yet. New Tyres BFG G-Force

Setup:
    Ok. I asked to have the car lowered 40mm at front and 35mm rear but I think its a lot lower than that. Its too low at the front. Ill raise it 10mm. It scraps on the back of an ants arse.
    Theres 3 degrees of rear camber which is ok for now. Camber kit next week.
    I have 0 toe on front and 1mm positive each rear for a total of 2mm positive. It tracks VERY well. Its very stable, way better than stock and doesnt pull. Even with the 3 degrees camber.

Brief Opinion Day one:

Its handles almost completely flat. It has an abundance of front grip, giving a new found confidence through corners at speed. The "doughyness" through roundabouts when pressed has been replaced with a solid connection with the road, giving you the confidence to adjust your position as speed when needed with no unsettling. Its safer than stock I believe because you can react and be connected to a result immediately on the road. Basically it "feels"like you can take corners safely at double the normal speed. i would never attempt that on a public road though. Another point that i didnt expect: the VSA is kicking in MUCH later than before. Yes I have new tyres but the VSA is seemily not interested until the very very severe limit. Before it would engage willy nilly.

The car feels a lot more solid because its not moving around at all.

The ride is excellent when set at the 8/8 shock setting and handles bumps very well. That being said I wouldnt be crashing over large potholes in a hurry.

Overall :
    Im very pleased with the result. It has exceeded my high personal expectations. Handling very good, ride excellent. Look = great. Ive got that semi touring car look i was after. No need for a bodykit.

Next:

M3 lip spoiler and front strut install -

PS: Yes some lame b'stard stole my centre cap. Trying to get a new one from speedy is not easy...
    Last edited by Suntzu; 29-06-2007 at 06:41 PM.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Wait till you get the RSB and ft strut brace on,you'll notice that the car feels even more "tighter" whilst cornering or going through twisties.BTW i thought you were getting Michelins,your pic shows BF Goodrichs.which ones are they?
    Last edited by tony1234; 29-06-2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Aded more info.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Yeah i thought I was too. But they are BFG G-Force (jax told me BS) . BTW I already have the RSB installed see above. Just the Cusco Strut bar to fit tommorow. The tyres seem fine, but I have had crappy falkens for 2 years! so whos know. Check the sick camber lol. No good. Looks like more than 3 degrees eh? All I can say is try as I might today I could not break traction in any capacity today after these mods...

Pics as requested:

More to come tommorow as the mods hit.

I think im hitting the record for most mods in a few days....

Got some potentially exciting news re engine mods too..stay tuned..

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    looks good.

how did that person stole your centre cap? I thought it will be darn hard to take out from the front (unless he/she knocks it off from the inside, which is impossible???)
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Lets just say I had the tyres rotated at my local honda dealer with service. And just maybe one of the apprentices has his car out the front with the same wheels....hello! Now noboby knows any thing. Im the knob cause I bought a CRV lux auto 2 weeks later at same dealership and I STILL dont get any love...

Team YCD Geek Array
    Car:
    K24A Dim Sum Trolley
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Tein Super Street Coilovers are in and the Cusco Strur bar came 10 mins laters. Looks like quality parts to me esp the tein.

Tein:

Cusco:

Well done on the mods and continued write up.

Is yr Cusco strut brace painted blue on the main bar as well, just looks different?
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    hondata will cost about as much as the intake and headers combined.
    That isn't correct - I think you are thinking of the K-Pro. The Hondata for the Euro is a reflash which isn't very expensive if you just get the flash without bolt ons.
    Last edited by yfin; 30-06-2007 at 07:45 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Im am think quality headers and CAI may be a better investment than Hondata as they can be removed and sold if needed ( since hondata will cost to be removed and hence has no resale value)
    Good work ont he setup Suntzu! Have you thought about the lower arm bar - it is good if you can avoid damaging it.

RE your point above - I wouldn't think of any of your parts when it comes to resale.

Team YCD Geek Array
    Car:
    K24A Dim Sum Trolley
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    Good work ont he setup Suntzu! Have you thought about the lower arm bar - it is good if you can avoid damaging it.

RE your point above - I wouldn't think of any of your parts when it comes to resale.
    Yeah resale value is only worth whats someones prepared to pay for it.

As long as you found it of value then it has been worth it just like the rest of us.
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Yeah i thought I was too. But they are BFG G-Force (jax told me BS) . BTW I already have the RSB installed see above. Just the Cusco Strut bar to fit tommorow. The tyres seem fine, but I have had crappy falkens for 2 years! so whos know. Check the sick camber lol. No good. Looks like more than 3 degrees eh? All I can say is try as I might today I could not break traction in any capacity today after these mods...

Pics as requested:

More to come tommorow as the mods hit.

I think im hitting the record for most mods in a few days....

Got some potentially exciting news re engine mods too..stay tuned..
    You have the RSB on already.........my bad..I had the same rear camber as yours before i got my camber kit fitted.Get the camber kit fitted ASAP.Once you get that fitted all will be good.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    awesome job suntzu!
    im gonna get the tein ss soon aswell with whiteline rsb...

hmmm...is it worth paying more for the tein cs for the extra comfort for street?