Yeah your mother

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    lol he got banned...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 07
    People, I just found out. The mugen design is DEFECTIVE. I foundout the hard way. Normally bodykits/under spoilers are designed flat underneath. unfortunately the mugen kit has two bumps underneath and as this kit is Low as f*ck the first thing that will touch the driveway is the bumps. Normally with a flat underspoiler/bodykit the pressure is distributed equally but with the mugen kit it causes it to go into one position which in turn causes the bumper extension to bend and flex up, whilst the paint does not. Thus causes the paint to crack from the top where it joins to the body and eventually flake off!!!!

I was told there is no solution to this. The only way would be to remove the front mugen spoiler. I've tried to combat this with inflating my tyres to the max to gain an extra few mms ground clearance.

There are also problems with changing foglights. One can no longer change the fogs normally, for the whole front bumper must now be removed with difficulty and care (and at least 2 people) as the power lead is short.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    damn...its a shame u found out the hard way

lol and jeff just got his on the weekend...
    from memory he's already scraped the bottom :P

Quote Originally Posted by SaBReT00tH View Post
    People, I just found out. The mugen design is DEFECTIVE. I foundout the hard way. Normally bodykits/under spoilers are designed flat underneath. unfortunately the mugen kit has two bumps underneath and as this kit is Low as f*ck the first thing that will touch the driveway is the bumps. Normally with a flat underspoiler/bodykit the pressure is distributed equally but with the mugen kit it causes it to go into one position which in turn causes the bumper extension to bend and flex up, whilst the paint does not. Thus causes the paint to crack from the top where it joins to the body and eventually flake off!!!!

I was told there is no solution to this. The only way would be to remove the front mugen spoiler. I've tried to combat this with inflating my tyres to the max to gain an extra few mms ground clearance.

There are also problems with changing foglights. One can no longer change the fogs normally, for the whole front bumper must now be removed with difficulty and care (and at least 2 people) as the power lead is short.

^pfft... you guys don't even know how to drive low cars if you scrape your FD's with a mugen kit, my friend has a prelude that sits about 6 inches off the ground and I can drive it all day in and out of driveways and bumps without scraping, its all about the angles :P

Quote Originally Posted by SaBReT00tH View Post

You could have sanded it before painting it. Ive scraped mine about 3-4 times now. Kit still strong.

I agree with foggies. Cant do it the old fashion way. You can either go from underneath or via fender

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    i wouldn't say it's a defective design; just that it's very impractical on a car designed for daily driver usage lol. mine is already half scraped off but at least can't be seen.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 07
    andyhui ---> 6 inches is MASS clearance. That's at least 15cm. After lowering my car half an inch I'd say my clearance is on the legal limit with my tyres pumped up well (10cm).

Shimian --> Yeah I would've sanded the bottom bumps off if I'd known early. If I see any problems with it hitting and screwing up the rest of my paint then I will definitely be sanding it off from underneath. As for the foggies I find it extremely hard to open my fender as the plastic under my wheel well is very hard and inflexible. It's especially hard when the car has been lowered and there isn't much room to play around with.

By going underneath in changing the fogs do you mean removing the fender or a different part? If so, which part?

underneath via fender. You will need to use a mirror to see. You will need to flex a fender in order to put ur hand in. Once its in, its basically by feel. But its much better than going via wheel fender way

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    i had to remove the whole bumper when i installed the foggies.. the kit is blocking the spot..

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    thought i might post of the pic of my new rims and LIFT kit.. have to wait for new susspension so we lifted it lol... its like a bus...

they are 20 x 8.5 lol

Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg