Page 595 of 1751 FirstFirst ... 9549554558559259359459559659759860564569510951595 ... LastLast
Results 7,129 to 7,140 of 21004
    Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by amuson View Post
    man... mine's melting my stock bar....
    i wonder how ej20i and johnnyfd did to avoid this issue???
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    johnny has fd2r kit his fits perfect lol. and i bet u in no time tim's kit is gna get melted LOL
    at first the J's muffler was leaning to the left on my FD2R rear bumper, it wasnt touching the bumper but was really close to it.. since stock rear bumper has the muffler towards the left

so went to a exhaust muffler shop to get it fixed... if your muffler isnt in the right position to fit your rear bumper, go to a muffler exhaust shop that does good welding and fitting

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    btw my seems quite loud even with the silencer in... is it alot louder without it?
    even with the silencer its still kinda loud.. it sure is alot louder without it

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    am i the only one who thinks its not loud at all? and wish's it was louder?

did u guys use the stock exhaust bushes?
    im trying to think up some way of hanging it lower or else i'll be doing some cutting of the rear bar soon...
    btw im using the fd2r cat back on the fd2....

Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyFD View Post
    at first the J's muffler was leaning to the left on my FD2R rear bumper, it wasnt touching the bumper but was really close to it.. since stock rear bumper has the muffler towards the left

so went to a exhaust muffler shop to get it fixed... if your muffler isnt in the right position to fit your rear bumper, go to a muffler exhaust shop that does good welding and fitting
    the guys at the exhaust shop didnt want to cut the hangers, so tried to bend them a bit lower by heating them up.... but when i got home it was already melting my rear bar..

so did u get the hangers on the muffler cut off and redone to suit?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    any pics amuson?

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    Quote Originally Posted by ekdez View Post
    am i the only one who thinks its not loud at all? and wish's it was louder?
    i think it needs to be louder lol
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    freaking tim's was LOUD AS HELL. prob cos no resonator.. so yeh.. everyone take ur resonator out and replace it with a straight pipe =P. sounds mean

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    the guys at the exhaust shop didnt want to cut the hangers, so tried to bend them a bit lower by heating them up.... but when i got home it was already melting my rear bar..

so did u get the hangers on the muffler cut off and redone to suit?
    cut the hangers on the muffler and redone

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    freaking tim's was LOUD AS HELL. prob cos no resonator.. so yeh.. everyone take ur resonator out and replace it with a straight pipe =P. sounds mean
    and illegal

yeah getting a little bit of melting plastic smell when i drive now but bearable i guess lol
    guess better find some time off work and get it to a exhaust to mod the hangers on the muffler...

anyway still trying to get used to the loudness and the looks i got at maccas from 3 guys in a old commodore lol... thanks for the tips anyway guys