Page 1197 of 1751 FirstFirst ... 19769710971147118711941195119611971198119912001207124712971697 ... LastLast
Results 14,353 to 14,364 of 21004
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    vti-L does have side airbags in the seats - even pre facelift

Quote Originally Posted by itachi-kun View Post
    i do have fd2r seats, and there are no airbags on them so im assuming theyre the same with the evo7 seats
    So you have the light visible on your dash or have you removed the light or what? Or have the FD2R seats cancelled it out all together?

i dont have vti-l so doesnt have airbags on seats altogether
    getting seats with airbags or without airbags wouldnt matter to me
    no airbag lights on dash

So I'm presuming from your post, the pre-facelift FD1 doesn't have air bags on the seats? Because the facelift FD1 does.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    its possible to have the light removed. But it is a bitch and not worth your time and effort unless you're actually serious about tracking the car.

I know a few DC5S owners have just put a piece of tape over the light lol... so as to avoid any defects from cops - which means they're confident enough that airbags will still deploy

I however did ask a Honda dealership mechanic if he knew whether or not the airbag will deploy if the light is on --> he says NO, which was enough to scare the shit out of me so I just sold my fd2r seats (to itachi lol).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-J...ht_1179wt_1163

If only I had $2000 to blow right now ;-(

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    So I'm presuming from your post, the pre-facelift FD1 doesn't have air bags on the seats? Because the facelift FD1 does.
    from what i know

pre 2009 models that are vti have no seat airbags unless they are vti-l or fd2
    post 2009 have seat airbags for all models

Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    its possible to have the light removed. But it is a bitch and not worth your time and effort unless you're actually serious about tracking the car.

I know a few DC5S owners have just put a piece of tape over the light lol... so as to avoid any defects from cops - which means they're confident enough that airbags will still deploy

I however did ask a Honda dealership mechanic if he knew whether or not the airbag will deploy if the light is on --> he says NO, which was enough to scare the shit out of me so I just sold my fd2r seats (to itachi lol).

Yeah that's the only thing that worries me, because it would be my just luck that it would happen.

The mechanic could have said it to you from a legal standpoint duty of care thing per say but that's being presumptuous on my behalf.

The guys on the US forum have gone to the lengths of removing the light to buying all the required sensors that are in the stock seats and placing them underneath the seats to give them some peace of mind, but unfortunately I haven't come across anything about whether if the air bags have or have no deployed in the event that the car is hit, but I would presume they all would technically, just no verification.

Quote Originally Posted by itachi-kun View Post
    from what i know

pre 2009 models that are vti have no seat airbags unless they are vti-l or fd2
    post 2009 have seat airbags for all models
    Ah ok, thanks for that, wasn't sure to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    Ah ok, thanks for that, wasn't sure to be honest.
    should go for fn2r seats since they have seat airbags if ur looking for seats with bags

Yeah that's what I've settled on for when I do change them, now I just need to either find one in wrecking or one separately. :-<

Because they have all the necessary bits to not cause any problems I think.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Man it's like this thread has a seat conversation each week!

stance > fenders