Page 104 of 1751 FirstFirst ... 454941011021031041051061071141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,237 to 1,248 of 21004
    Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    Well... I've just spent all evening "researching" exhaust options... So hopefully I'll get some replies and finally do my first mod soon

For those of you who stated you had a cat-back exhaust system installed, what do you have? Something custom? As I can't find a single FD1 specific cat-back system.

Any help?
    I have been searching for weeks for exhaust options for my FD2, so far come up trumps. I did find one by J Racing on ebay but it looks like a racing exhaust. I started a thread in the forum regarding cat-back exhaust options for my fd2 but nobody knows. I think we have to wait a bit for FD1's and FD2's
    Michael
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Fire Up Fire Up, 27 27, Fire Up Fire Up, Here We Go Here We Go, On the Road On the Road, 27 27, Fire Up Fire Up!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    Quote Originally Posted by howy View Post
    could anyone write up a simple DIY for the boot release please?
    Use as a guide only. Perform mod at your own risk.

You will need the module (which interprets second door lock release signal to release boot lock and an actuator)

1) remove floor trim on front passenger side. from inside wire loom, locate yellow door lock release trigger wire. (note: not to be mistaken for side airbag sensor wire which is also yellow)
    2) add a splice to this wire and run a 22g wire from there along the floor into the trunk.
    3) The module has 3 wires. (line to earth, line to actuator and line to yellow wire). Once you join up the 3 wire, attach the module to the boot lid with 3M double sided tape.
    4) the actuator has 2 lines,(line to module and line to earth. Attach the actuator to the boot (refer to picture elsewhere in this thread). ensure enough slack when boot lid latch is in locked position.

there you're done

Last edited by gerard; 21-05-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1
    Got my Interior (center) light and boot light replaced with PCB SMD panel today

Looks Hectic dude

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    wow..

that's really bright

nice set up for both gerard and applio.

Gerard: Agree with with mini euro, looks complex.

Applio: I wouldnt mind making my boot brighter. At the moment, i have a strip of LEDs in the boot installed near the rear for better lighting. Interior, i like mine dim. Gives a nice mood feel

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post

Applio: I wouldnt mind making my boot brighter. At the moment, i have a strip of LEDs in the boot installed near the rear for better lighting. Interior, i like mine dim. Gives a nice mood feel
    yeh I actually turn my centre interior lights off coz i find i don't actually need it for anything.

i've recently installed philips blue visions into my fd1, they seem to be sufficient. Not as good as the HID's i had before but atleast they're ADR approved and legal

my parkers are also blue visions but they're more yellow than white, anyone know which bulbs are best for a whiter colour?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer

lol my boot is also too dim... but the boot light flickers when the sub is on!
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by howy View Post
    yeh I actually turn my centre interior lights off coz i find i don't actually need it for anything.

i've recently installed philips blue visions into my fd1, they seem to be sufficient. Not as good as the HID's i had before but atleast they're ADR approved and legal

my parkers are also blue visions but they're more yellow than white, anyone know which bulbs are best for a whiter colour?

Use MTEC parkers. They are white and bright.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 07
    Applio --> how many watts are PCB SMD? are they LCD or what? super bright HID?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD1
    Use MTEC parkers. They are white and bright.
    ^^^ yep, very nice white these MTEC, got them for my FD1 and i don't even need to turn on the HID when backing out of the driveway at 5 am . Get them from one of the trader here.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 FD2

My Mods

2006 Honda Civic Sport

• K&N replacement Air Filter
    • HID System
    • Type R Red Badging
    • Exhaust System
    • Black Tints
    • Replacement of all interior and exterior Lights to LED
    • Replacement of Hi Beam and Fog Lights to white xenon bulbs
    • 18" Lenso RS5 Rims (5 Spoke)
    • Replaced back speakers to 4 ways
    • Type R Brake Pedals

On the to do List:
    • Have 4 ways for the front - got to find the time to put them in
    • Projector headlights
    • LED Taillights
    • CAI Kit
    • Lowering (ssupension)
    • Brembo brake kit upgrade
    • DVD system
    Last edited by tonz; 22-05-2008 at 05:19 PM.