Page 11 of 1751 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421611115111011 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    Does your HID reflect all over the place since we dont have projectors? And how does it look from the oncoming traffic? Blinding or crisp cutoff?

Ive decided to go with mugen cos ive read reviews that it goes well with the stock pipings. And mugen would have put alot of effort into R&D so thats why they just released muffler only. If they found catback to be a plus, then they would have released one for our FDs.

Trying to emulate this look. Kinda think it looks hot with the spoiler and the rear lower bodykit. That there is the mugen xos.
    I dont like the silver moss with the kit look.

Kit is only for white or black I feel.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    Its the only mugen sports exhaust on www.mugen-power.com for our FD. Its muffler only going for about $1100AUD. This is a straight through.

Im looking to get just spoiler and rear lower for now since i have modulo kit. Will see how it looks first but hopefully it should be ok. Then followed by muffler
    I'm feeling a bit stupid so I think I better ask it straightforward;

What options are there available for FD from Mugen?

I was under the impression there's a Twin loop muffler which can be bought in Asia for <$700aud. Or is that model the same as the aforementioned one sold by JDM Concept- i.e. the Silencer?
    Last edited by JaCe; 01-09-2007 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    I'm feeling a bit stupid so I think I better ask it straightforward;

What options are there available for FD from Mugen?

I was under the impression there's a Twin loop muffler which can be bought in Asia for <$700aud. Or is that model the same as the aforementioned one sold by JDM Concept- i.e. the Silencer?
    Yes there is a twin loop one from asia but i dont know much about it.
    There are 2 perfect fit systems for our FD that i know of

Im going for the Mugen muffler for the fact that it will look different (single tip) whereas Fujitsubo looks exactly like stock. And Mugen would have put a lot of R&D into this system for our FD. I read somewhere that it gives about 8hp more with everything else stock, but thats not why im getting it.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Does the muffler alone increase hp? I was under the impression that it doesn't actually do anything realistically.

With regards to what you said, does that mean there are TWO DIFFERENT MUGEN PRODUCTS? I could've sworn the guy I met said the twin loop muffler was designed for our FD1 in particular- rather than just the general "fit all" style things which I've found on Google. He also mentioned it's bolt on but not cat-back.

I'm also interested in the Mugen one- and am planning to buy end of yr =] Just need to wait and see.
    Last edited by JaCe; 01-09-2007 at 06:59 PM.

There are some members on other forums who claims it does give some HP with dynos provided. Believe them or not, for me, the muffler looks sexy with the bodykit and sounds pretty good too. I mean, there should be some improvements cos its a straight through muffler.

Yes, there are 2 different products. There is a twinloop where it looks like the X-Force muffler (with the pipe that loops back around) and this one

The picture is the one from Mugen website going for about $1100, also the one im getting. The pictured one is plug and play. Not sure about the twinloop one.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    poison! poison!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I have asked my cousins to investigate the local price in Malaysia.. shall report back asap.

I got a quote from pedders for their sport ryder springs to lower my (yet to arrive) civic vti. The quote was for $600 fitted. I know ozzy tires does kings fitted for $400. Are pedders sports ryder springs any good? Is there any reason to pay an extra 200 just for this brand?

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    I got a quote from pedders for their sport ryder springs to lower my (yet to arrive) civic vti. The quote was for $600 fitted. I know ozzy tires does kings fitted for $400. Are pedders sports ryder springs any good? Is there any reason to pay an extra 200 just for this brand?
    why don't you go with H&R or eibach instead? got mine around 450 if not mistaken

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Does it make a lot of difference? I admit I don't really push my Civic much but so far I have been relatively happy and am quite used to it... and it's good for my city commute.

Quote Originally Posted by Aco3n View Post
    why don't you go with H&R or eibach instead? got mine around 450 if not mistaken
    Only because I havent found somewhere that stocks/installs them.

Did you install them yourself?

Do any of the bigger suspension franchises normally sell eibach/H&R/tein springs?

I think my preferences would be a fairly stiff springs/suspension.

Pedders specifically said they don't do any other brands.

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    went to a local shop.. won't cost you too much tho..

lookup in the states for some options.. in oz there aren't much options apparently..