Page 4 of 1751 FirstFirst 123456714541045041004 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    how come you need high beams? unless you live out in the bush...
    but if you must, then i would suggest Philips Crystal vision, or Diamond Vision if you don't mind the packet saying "for show use only"

Shimian: top effort for posting pics...

what is there in terms of intakes (cai or sri) for the FD2?
    i used crystal vision before, i regret used it. still a bit yellow, expensive too (around $60).even it's made in germany.Diamond vison never try, more expensive (around $100).Better use HID fro low beam only.yeah, Tofu right, very rare use high beam.

Shimian:wow, ur car have a lot OEM stuff.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    Shimian:wow, ur car have a lot OEM stuff.
    Bought pretty much everything in one hit. The only NON OEM items are:
    - front grille
    - Pivots
    - k&n filter
    - tinting

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    how come you need high beams? unless you live out in the bush...
    but if you must, then i would suggest Philips Crystal vision, or Diamond Vision if you don't mind the packet saying "for show use only"

Shimian: top effort for posting pics...

what is there in terms of intakes (cai or sri) for the FD2?
    yeah she is out in the sticks mate! i dont want for show, just for good vision with high beam!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    yeah crystal vision will be more than enough...i use then on my bmw 120i as low beam and they work way better than the stock bulbs.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    For those who are not up to the expense of the crystal visions, I would recommend the +50s. I use these as I need a bit of yellow in the beams to improve night range and vision. For my high beams, phillips rally 100 watts. Don't use them often(as they have only 100 hour life) but need them to be bright as when need)

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    cheers blokes, the cars on the ship atm so first service ill put em in!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

So philips crystal vision and diamond vision is ok for road use (as someone mentioned its for show only). Or are there other philips white bulbs out there that are legal? I just want to remove my current stock bulb and plug in new one (NOT HID).

any suggestions?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 DC2 Type R
    If anyone here is keen for some quality aftermarket springs, I have a brand new set for sale. Sold my FD a while back and was too lazy to put them on

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62123
    .................................................. ...................
    :: Foot to Metal :: Full On :: All of It or None of It ::
    .................................................. ...................

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    here are some pics of my fd1. will post pic of fujita cai when im done
    Last edited by Bob san; 21-02-2008 at 01:11 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 VTi-L MY06
    Due to a lack of experience in modding (and this being my first brand new car), I'm a little hesitant to mod my Bluish Silver '06 VTi-L Civic, but here's the list of standard mods:

Tints - nice and dark, never realised how much of a difference they make, I'll never have a car without tints again!

Honda fitted mats - a must have for an engineer with dirty boots

Scuff plates - sure you only see them when you open the door, but they look fantastic

In the works:

Replica Mugen Grill, Carbon fibre look-alike - Seems like a very popular mod, which leads me to a question - can anyone give me a "how to" run down on how to install it? I had a go at it with my mate on the weekend, but didn't succeed. Successfully removed the locking studs from the plastic cover over the radiator, but wasnt able to fully remove the cover or the chrome OEM grill care of some more locking studs that held the grill to the front bodywork (those ones don't appear to want to come out though).

If anyone has a good "how-to", could you please PM me?

I'll slap up some piccies of my pride and joy when I get back home. I've almost clocked up 25,000km in about 9 months of owning this beauty, I've never had so much enjoyment driving a car before, it's fantastic (but I don't need to tell you guys that, you all own them too!)

Have a good one chaps and chapette's

DropBear

Quote Originally Posted by DropBear View Post
    Due to a lack of experience in modding (and this being my first brand new car), I'm a little hesitant to mod my Bluish Silver '06 VTi-L Civic, but here's the list of standard mods:

Tints - nice and dark, never realised how much of a difference they make, I'll never have a car without tints again!

Honda fitted mats - a must have for an engineer with dirty boots

Scuff plates - sure you only see them when you open the door, but they look fantastic

In the works:

Replica Mugen Grill, Carbon fibre look-alike - Seems like a very popular mod, which leads me to a question - can anyone give me a "how to" run down on how to install it? I had a go at it with my mate on the weekend, but didn't succeed. Successfully removed the locking studs from the plastic cover over the radiator, but wasnt able to fully remove the cover or the chrome OEM grill care of some more locking studs that held the grill to the front bodywork (those ones don't appear to want to come out though).

If anyone has a good "how-to", could you please PM me?

I'll slap up some piccies of my pride and joy when I get back home. I've almost clocked up 25,000km in about 9 months of owning this beauty, I've never had so much enjoyment driving a car before, it's fantastic (but I don't need to tell you guys that, you all own them too!)

Have a good one chaps and chapette's

DropBear
    If this is the grille you are talking about, this is my HOW TO. It may give you an idea.

Remove the stock chrome grille by removing the studs which removes the top rubbery cover. You will need to remve the studs on the sides wall of the engine bay. This will allow you to lift the whole rubbery top over off. Then you need to remove 3 (from memory) studs that are located at the bottom of the grille. Once you completely remove the stock grille, give it a clean.

When you install the mesh onto the grill, leave about 1cm excess at the bottom part of the grille. Meaning when you cut it to shape, you leave enough mesh so that you can bend it to a right angle of the grille. When you place it on the car, you need to bend the excess mesh so that it doesnt scratch your car body but make it rest on top of it. Then i used cable ties to go around the whole grille and tied it to the body. I think I used about 5 all up. 2 were on the sides and 3 along the bottom. You will see where you can tie it down.

Once you have securely fastened the grille, put the rubbery top back on. Becareful with the middle stud as u cannot just push down on it or the top part of the grille will flex and snap. So 1 hand you will need to push the stud down and the other hand go from the engine side - under the rubbery top - and hold the griile by pushing upwards. So ur action is one is pushing up and the other is pushing down. This part took me like 20min as i didnt want to force it. Eventually you will hear a snap and WALLAH, its in. Then just replace everything back as you removed it

As you can see, i didnt use any double sided tape and it nice and tight. This is when/if i decide to remove it in the future, i wont have to go through the pain of removing the 3m tape.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    hey any of u guys kno where to buy the Injen Air intake kit here in aus?
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg