Page 801 of 1751 FirstFirst ... 3017017517917987998008018028038048118519011301 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,612 of 21004
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD Sports
    Anyone install turbo here?

^ please organise hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic FD1
    motorshow meet?

Oh yah, whats this Australian International motorshow about?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    opens friday night I believe. Syd convention centre and tix are 20 a pop.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Anyone install turbo here?
    I'll be the first

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    what's the point of turbo-ing it - yes, it will go faster in a straight line. That's good, BUT think about the other things.

I'm sure your gearbox will struggle and even more importantly, it will still go around corners like a boat xD .

The brakes on the FD's aren't great, and stopping is more important than going faster.

Just turboing is stupid unless you're going to spend more on coilovers, better tyres, and strengthening the chassis, and upgrading the brake discs/pads, maybe even calipers etc etc.

Theyre medium size common cars that aren't built to have heaps of power thru them. The Mugen RR and the Type R were made because of this fact.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    yes, i'm sure he plans to do that too.

i doubt he's that silly., and i doubt he hasn't already done so.
    Last edited by curtis265; 14-10-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD Sports
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyFD View Post
    what's the point of turbo-ing it - yes, it will go faster in a straight line. That's good, BUT think about the other things.

I'm sure your gearbox will struggle and even more importantly, it will still go around corners like a boat xD .

The brakes on the FD's aren't great, and stopping is more important than going faster.

Yea, of course you have to upgrade everything for your safety....

Just turboing is stupid unless you're going to spend more on coilovers, better tyres, and strengthening the chassis, and upgrading the brake discs/pads, maybe even calipers etc etc.

Theyre medium size common cars that aren't built to have heaps of power thru them. The Mugen RR and the Type R were made because of this fact.
    Yea, of course you have to upgrade everything for your safety

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    What's the point of all the other Honda turbo builds?

Personal satisfaction and enjoyment the same principles go with every other car. Safety upgrades are recommended but not necessary. It depends on how the car wil handle the power, how much power you are trying to achieve and most importantly the driver's skill in handling the new found power...keeping in mind a turbo'd fwd is not a piece of cake

Should upgrade first THEN turbo it =P btw, arent you getting a k20? please dont turbo that hahah