Member Array
    Car:
    Garden snail
    *nods*
    lmao

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    Bao, come past the shop with your friend. Have you guys done any work to the engine? I have a fully built H22 bottom end i wanna sell as well.

pm me yO!

-Elee

Anyone with a .86 a/r turbine who thinks it's responsive is either in extreme lag denial or has never experience a serious response machine (ala stock turbo setup)

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Anyone with a .86 a/r turbine who thinks it's responsive is either in extreme lag denial or has never experience a serious response machine (ala stock turbo setup)
    i dont think you know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG's deleted post View Post
    Im using a .86 rear housing on my stock b16a, i hit full boost just before 3500. High compression helps with the spool.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG View Post
    i dont think you know what you're talking about.
    What prompted this sudden change of heart?

Now my post was made partially in jest because you'd truly have to be mad to argue, it's less than simple physics, it's basic logic - smaller turbo, faster spool, where's the problem?

We're discussing turbo response, and you start telling me about what RPM you hit full boost? That's fantastic! Make a new thread! It's not information of any relevence here.

We are talking about RESPONSE - that's how fast your motor produces the power you want after you step on the fun pedal - not to be confused by you with anything to do with partial or full boost thresholds.

What are the full specs on your turbo. Must be a small compressor to hit full boost at that low an RPM on a 1.6L; or you're running 5psi.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by string; 15-07-2007 at 12:05 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    All i was trying to say is with a .86 rear housing, it will still be very responsive and not laggy as you may think it will be.

I've driven one particular setup with turbine a/r's .42, .63 and .86 - you can definately feel the difference between them all. I'm not saying that a .86 will be a response pig, but you'll definately feel like your missing something if you use the boost for more than straight line pulls. It is quite impressive you hit full boost at such a low rpm though. Care to go into any more details?

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    wat does your friend want easy to use low to mid range power?
    or top end?
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    Garden snail
    Quote Originally Posted by WPN.22R View Post
    Bao, come past the shop with your friend. Have you guys done any work to the engine? I have a fully built H22 bottom end i wanna sell as well.

pm me yO!

-Elee
    hey elee i didnt see teh post till today
    PM SENT!!!

ill prob drop by this friday?

Quote Originally Posted by [[d a n n y]] View Post
    wat does your friend want easy to use low to mid range power?
    or top end?
    i think its .86 it is
    its still goint o be a daily driver
    so lag is intended to save petrol LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    don't worry about string hai, his just a dickhead who likes to talk about theroy's in la la land.

Don't bother sharing your real life experience's here, let super smart guys like string anwser it.

Grey-One your friend shouldn't get .86 cause string says it's way too non-responsive and will drive like shit.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Vti-R
    Quote Originally Posted by gReY-oNe View Post
    hey elee i didnt see teh post till today
    PM SENT!!!

ill prob drop by this friday?

i think its .86 it is
    its still goint o be a daily driver
    so lag is intended to save petrol LOL
    ROFLs thats gold :P

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    don't worry about string hai, his just a dickhead who likes to talk about theroy's in la la land.

Don't bother sharing your real life experience's here, let super smart guys like string anwser it.

Grey-One your friend shouldn't get .86 cause string says it's way too non-responsive and will drive like shit.
    Listen to this guy. He's the kind of guy who instead of putting up a discussion, simply puts down another's argument with no basis. I present my opinions and experiences, it's up to the end user to choose what to do with them. You present no opinions. I know who i'd rather listen to.

Please quote where I said it would drive like shit? I said it would be laggier and less responsive than a smaller A/R turbine - you're saying i'm wrong? When did I bring theory into this discussion again? Oh wait I didn't I simply told you my actual driving experience. Sure it wasn't a honda but it's all the same deal. When I bring theory into a discussion, if you can't understand how it relates to real world performance then stay out of the topic because you are useless to all those in it.

I'm actually quite surprised that you've still got a grudge deep inside. Really sad man - get a life.