Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dose??

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Dose is that flutter noise you here from turbos
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip"

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by serpo View Post
    Dose is that flutter noise you here from turbos

lol ok thanks for that... coz we didnt just have 3 pages of discussion on it hahaha, and thanks heaps aaronG! very useful stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    nah some one asked on page 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip"

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    from what i can tell, this 'dose'ing only happens when you drop the throttle a bit too fast which makes the turbo slow down a bit too fast. might stress the turbine a bit but i dont think thats much of a problem as long as you've got the money to replace it if it screws up.
    the only problem i see is the lack of a filter. might be nice to have the sound, but when you take into account that the turbine of a turbo spins up to 150,000rpm, you'd rather have a filter on the end than risk a tiny 5mm rock shattering a ceramic turbine or denting a steely.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.