Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: b16 radiator

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    well.. my breeze to b16a conversion is pretty much finished... i just have 1 question..

ive still got my breeze radiator on it .. the guy dind't have a 1/2 cut.. he just had most of the parts.. i personally dont know the situation but i know it wasn't a 1/2 cut... he jus had the parts .. but yea.. i dont have a b16 radiator...

will this be a problem? will i need a different radiator?
    Dannys offered me his Si radiator? Just want to know if this will be enough? or will i really need to get a [acronym:c70760a31b="Double Overhead Cam"]DOHC[/acronym:c70760a31b] one from a SIR or VTIR from a honda wrecker? or ne one on this board that has one?

I dont wanna wreck my engine by it overheating etc...

anyhelp would be very much appreciated

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    breeze radiator is only a pissy small single core, the B16aX is a nice fat double core, so you will get much better cooling from it. Id play it safe and put in a bigger radiator.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Wagon 24T
    B16A radiator is only single core but has bigger water port entries and is alloy. The auto has a twin core. The breeze radiator actually cools well as copper has a higher thermal efficiency than alloy however the B16A radiator hoses will be very loose fitting on it.

use ur pectorial and biceps and titen those hose clamps
    man ur NA i dont think ur gonna have a problem

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    sorry to bring up the subject again .. but guys my hose is goin to go soon... i asked honda for a 97 ek4 b16a hose, and they said 85$ for the hose.... and none of the wreckers down here have any... not sure id even want to buy 2nd hand.. is this really the price u have to pay for a radiator hose? its the top one by the way ..
    what do you guys with b16a's do when ur hose needs replacing, i really wasn't looking forward to paying 80$ for a hose...
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Have your tried Repco or Bursons? You don't have to buy OEM if you want to save cash...

should be able to get it from the wreckers...

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    I tried Hondspares, Hondworld and Hondwreck and they all dont sell it..

I tried Bursons and they dont have, and Repco dont have for the top radiator hose anymore, but even when they did it was 115$ he said..

A mate told me to go to clark rubber with the right dementions? is this a safe alternative?

anyone know other options other then OEM?

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    bump ... i kinda need one asap .. cuz if my one blows when im driving i wont be able to get home so i want to replace it pretty much ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    looks like it's the $80 honda one.. it will last you 10 years.. that's only $8 a year..

Member Array
    Car:
    B18C CRX
    I got a tidy radiator with my dc2 (b18) front cut that I don't need.
    PM me if you're interested.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Ok - for the radiator hose, pull your existing one off and head down to repco and look for something that has similar bends... then cut it down to suit. I ran into problems with my EF9 SiR in Bendigo and ended up using a Corolla AE82 ('84?) hose that I cut down. Just make sure that it doesn't put pressure on the outlets and all will be good I paid 20 bucks for mine including 2 new clamps
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX